Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh what do you do during Winter Break?

Yesterday we went to the Strong Museum in Rochester..AKA..the play museum!
We had so much fun with our friends.



H and Kate playing piano


Me and P taking a rest in a crazy fish chair


H taking a stroll in an optical illusion..she got really tripped up over the uneven floor and ended up on her tummy backing up to get out.


She loved to pick up these apples and carry them everywhere.

H had so much fun touching and playing with everything! P and M had a blast running all over the museum with their friends. Seriously.. couldn't have spent 4 and a half hours better anywhere else!


We also went into the Butterfly experience..WOW! That was amazing! Out of the whole group, I was the only one butterflies landed on...twice actually. Big, gi-normous ones called Blue Marvos, they were so beautiful. When their wings are open they are this beautiful shade of blue!
Despite the face I am pulling..it was an awesome experience..I was just pulling a funny face


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! It must be nice living so close to such neat places. We spread about 5 bales of straw all over the feed lot for a good time on Valentine's Day. Hard work especially when the straw is frozen together. That's what we do for a good time in Malad

February 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Diego saves a blue morvo on Go Diego Go!

February 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love the butterflies at Strong. Fun times!

February 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

How fun. I am jealous! I want to have some fun family time. It seems far and between these days. Your kids are getting even bigger and cuter than the last time I saw them. Good job. Miss you guys.

February 18, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Strupp Family said...

I totally thought of Diego, too, when I read that. BTW, you are so beautiful! And always so stylish. Will you give me a makeover? I'm pretty sure I look EXACTLY the same as you remember me :) You know what else I noticed? I'm no longer on your list of bloggers. What's that about?

February 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I think I would kinda freak out if butterflies landed on me! That place looks awesome. I can't believe how big 'H' is getting - you can see her get bigger with each post!

February 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a fun day! I couldn't figure out why I was seeing so many kids out of school yesterday and the day before, until I found out (was told) it was winter break! Oh the ignorant bliss I live in, only having toddlers and not school kids yet!

February 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger gantrieb said...

i LOVE your face with the butterfly on your shoulder! The crazy optical illusion room is one of my fav's.

February 20, 2009 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger C Dawn's bucket said...

I totally know how you feel about the butterfly being really neat but still kind of creepy. I had a yellow monarch hatch and crawl all over my face and hair during our wedding reception. All the pictures I have of me have a similar expression on my face too.

Cynthia in Logan

February 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Beck Family said...

I think it was the yellow shirt. My boys would love that place. What a good time for a break from school.

February 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Peacocks said...

Cool butterflies, that museum sounds way fun. But what is that winter break that you talk about?

February 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like a face P would pull!

You can SO have those things! Now, when will I see you? I can drop them by on my way to dance either tomorrow or Thursday. I would be by around 8:45. Don't know if that's too late.

I am a bit amazed that you still had rolls of film!!! I just looked at my pentax film camera yesterday and felt a little sad for it! I guess I could throw away that one roll I have... unless you want that too! ;) Times they are a changin'!

February 24, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

What a cool place! You must feel pretty special if the butterflies landed on you

March 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home