Preliminary Race Results
So I was a major part of history today..over 10,000 runners showed up to participated in the 113th annual Turkey Trot. Apparently its the longest running foot race in America.
It was awesome!
It was jammed packed..it took us like 2 minutes or more to cross the starting line so our timers could activate.
Weather: windy and chilly..high around 38 or so..but luckily no snow.
We were plenty warm thanks to our Cuddle Duds long underwear.
My friend and I ran all 5 miles together..what a trooper she was too! Her knee started bothering her around mile 3..but instead of walking or stopping she pushed through! She's amazing! We just got on pace and kept moving.
So we don't have official times yet..but I looked up and saw around 52 minutes.. Whoo-hoo kept goal (wanted to keep it under an hour).
Our other friend crossed a minute before we did and another finished just over an hour.
Now I am going off that runners high.
I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.
It was awesome!
It was jammed packed..it took us like 2 minutes or more to cross the starting line so our timers could activate.
Weather: windy and chilly..high around 38 or so..but luckily no snow.
We were plenty warm thanks to our Cuddle Duds long underwear.
My friend and I ran all 5 miles together..what a trooper she was too! Her knee started bothering her around mile 3..but instead of walking or stopping she pushed through! She's amazing! We just got on pace and kept moving.
So we don't have official times yet..but I looked up and saw around 52 minutes.. Whoo-hoo kept goal (wanted to keep it under an hour).
Our other friend crossed a minute before we did and another finished just over an hour.
Now I am going off that runners high.
I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.


3 Comments:
So great you guys ran. Wish I could have been there with you-especially when I woke up and saw NO snow. I was half tempted to try. maybe next year. Congrats!
Good job, Lex. That is awesome!
Loved LOVED the cute video below. That is just priceless. Mason's voice is just to DIE for cute. And lil' Hudsy ... I just love her. Way ta GO!!
You are awesome! I wish we had a turkey trot here! I'm so glad you figured out how to do the color and size for your fonts! I'm such a slacker friend! Can't wait to see picts of your big race!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home