Thursday, November 20, 2008

'Gang it!' and other funny M-isms



M has always had a problem with pronouncing some of his letters..recently we realized he is using a 'G' sound for his 'D's. So he says 'gog' instead of dog, and our favorite..'Gang it' for dang it. Its pretty funny and he says it ALL the time!
'Gang it mom, I can't get my choose on' (translation" dang it mom, I can't get my shoes on)
or
'Gang it, dis ting boke' (translation: dang it, this thing broke)
Another funny saying he has taken up is
'oh yeah! oh yeah!
He'll use this one when he's playing with H and chasing her around. He'll run after her and say, 'oh yeah, oh yeah' and 'run for your life' (He says that one when he is chasing her with my large gray exercise ball that when you sit back and watch it happen reminds you of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.)


When he wants something he'll say, 'hewwoo, can anybody get me some milkie? or whatever it is he wants..it cracks me up because its 'anybody' not somebody.
Sometimes he'll be sitting there thinking really hard and then say, 'I wish me had a ______" or 'I wish me could go _________'
He also has a funny way of looking at things..for example a cut means his skin ripped.
When you are trying to get him to hurry and you've been waiting for ever for him to get shoes on or do whatever thing he HAS to do before he can leave the house, he'll say, 'not yet, not yet'
Another favorite thing he does is he loves to race..but only if he can win. He'll usually start a race, then loose and then throw a fit and say..'no more racees.' Cry for a second and then beat his sister to the target..such a Gustin!

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Haha. I love it. I need to make sure I write these things down too so that I will remember them when Anna is older. I really like that he says 'run for your life' - what a character!

November 20, 2008 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

:D!! Best age ever! I love the cute little 3 year old voice. You'll be so happy to have all of this written down. It's amazing what we forget ... things that we think are impossible to forget. I absolutely LOVE the "Gang-it"!! ... and the "heywoo". That is hilarious.

November 20, 2008 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Deven and Keri said...

M is so cute-
I am going with Charlotte, Brenda and Melissa ( New girl in the ward). I totally agree with the actor for Edward, could've done better.

November 20, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Beck Family said...

Too cute! M is quite the kid. He's such a good mixture between you and Ryan. I love his cheeser. Such a cute kid!

November 20, 2008 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hi! I saw your link on Brenda's page! How are you guys? Your kids are so cute, and growing up so fast! How is life with 3? I love your Twilight spoof, very funny.
Monica
chrismonicaandfamily.blogspot.com

November 21, 2008 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

He is such a cute kid!! We love him. It's funny because I was asking him and Bruce to say "Race car" and they really couldn't pronounce the "r" but thought they could- silly.

November 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

This post made me smile. Cute stories. I love the "run for your life"- haha!

November 24, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home