I Demand A Recount...
I demand a recount of the votes cast in the State of New York!
Here is why...
so the way we vote in the great state of New York doesn't inspire much confidence. YOu'd think after all the dangling chads in Florida 8 years ago would have taught us all a lesson..we need voting reform!
You basically step into a time machine, pull the curtain and hold your breath. I wish I would have taken a picture of this 'contraption' its pretty funny looking.
So you step in and you come face to face with this board with all sorts of metal 'things' you push down to cast your vote! I KID YOU NOT! To make matters worse, there are no instructions..you practically sit there for the 'three minutes you are allotted to cast your vote' and scratch your head and say, 'what the?'
So once you figure out you are supposed to push them down, you proceed to vote. Then and here is where it gets scary..then you pull the lever to open the curtains and your vote goes 'bye-bye' you see what I'm saying? How do you know your vote counted in the first place? Then you have the sweetest old ladies out there who push a 'button' on the side of the booth that I guess clears it for the next person..either that or it sends them back to November 1955.
As I was waiting, the sweet old lady standing by kept beckoning me forward to vote, but I stayed put because her booth was already occupied..then she got frustrated at me and told me to 'come here' I kind of sat there like 'are you serious?' so I said,
'its occupied' to that she responds..'oh, I didn't know that' WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? so how can I be sure my vote actually got recorded? More importantly, when I got back from the past, who will I need to talk to about getting this fixed?
Here is why...
so the way we vote in the great state of New York doesn't inspire much confidence. YOu'd think after all the dangling chads in Florida 8 years ago would have taught us all a lesson..we need voting reform!
You basically step into a time machine, pull the curtain and hold your breath. I wish I would have taken a picture of this 'contraption' its pretty funny looking.
So you step in and you come face to face with this board with all sorts of metal 'things' you push down to cast your vote! I KID YOU NOT! To make matters worse, there are no instructions..you practically sit there for the 'three minutes you are allotted to cast your vote' and scratch your head and say, 'what the?'
So once you figure out you are supposed to push them down, you proceed to vote. Then and here is where it gets scary..then you pull the lever to open the curtains and your vote goes 'bye-bye' you see what I'm saying? How do you know your vote counted in the first place? Then you have the sweetest old ladies out there who push a 'button' on the side of the booth that I guess clears it for the next person..either that or it sends them back to November 1955.
As I was waiting, the sweet old lady standing by kept beckoning me forward to vote, but I stayed put because her booth was already occupied..then she got frustrated at me and told me to 'come here' I kind of sat there like 'are you serious?' so I said,
'its occupied' to that she responds..'oh, I didn't know that' WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? so how can I be sure my vote actually got recorded? More importantly, when I got back from the past, who will I need to talk to about getting this fixed?


9 Comments:
Oh, you poor thing. You would think in the great state of New York they could figure it out!! I too worry about conspiracy. How do they really count all those votes in such a short amount of time!!! I too demand a recount or a check to cover my medical bills...this has been way to stressful!!
I totally agree!!! That is funny because while standing in line I turned to the lady behind me and said, "What the hek it looks like a time machine!" She's like, "Oh honey, this is how it always has been!" I don't think so!
That whole thing sounds sketchy...kind of like the dark alley purse haggeling lady. Interrrresting. I thought Utah was always 'behind the times' yet here everything is done with computers. Maybe it is because sweet old ladies don't know how to work computers/technology? haha.
I thought by this election every state had to have electronic voting machines?
Lex - I REALLY enjoyed this post. Frustrating and funny all in one! I, for one, am glad we are finally just DONE. Hopefully for the better. :)
When I lived in Boston it was much cooler...Well actually it wasn't but at least I knew my vote was right! We had a sharpie and they had arrows you filled in on a card and folded it in half and put it in a box...You are totally right, i stood in there will Luke remembering after primaries that they were confusing but with this one I still looked and looked and finally said well one of these has to be right...Right????
I felt like the great and powerful OZ when I pulled the curtains back. But seriously, I'm not convinced it worked either.
I can't believe that! We had electronic screens here that you just had to touch!! It was really cool! And we didn't have cool curtains like you did.
Hopefully NY will catch up with the country in 4 years! lol
Yea, but even with a recount, I think McCain lost. Get ready for a bumpy ride!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home