Hey Mom, How You Know?
Did you ever wonder as a kid how your mom ALWAYS knew when you did something you weren't supposed to?
Yesterday, I got to be on the other end of that.
I was getting ready upstairs while 'M' watched a movie and 'H' slept. I came down to find 'M' just playing innocently in the livingroom. When he came closer I noticed something different about him. He had chocolate ALL OVER HIS FACE and his SHIRT.
So I asked, M, did you have a cookie?
'M': No Mom, me no have a cookie.
Mom: 'Are you sure about that?
'M': yes me sure
Mom: 'M' did you have a cookie?
'M': ugh, no mom I not have a cookie.
So I tied his shoes and asked again. This time he confessed
'M': Ok, me have a cookie.
So then I explained it was ok to have one, he just needed to ask so I could help him. On our way out I noticed the half empty bag hanging off the cupboard..and well I guess his conscience got the better of him and he confessed to eating three.
But, his 'three' is more like five..so that would explain the chocolate all over his face and shirt.
Then he said,
'Hey, mom, how you know I eat cookies?'
'Mom knows everything' I said.
(I only wish I had time to take a picture of the evidence...not to mention he threw one away in the empty garbage..guess he NEVER thought I would look in there.)
Yesterday, I got to be on the other end of that.
I was getting ready upstairs while 'M' watched a movie and 'H' slept. I came down to find 'M' just playing innocently in the livingroom. When he came closer I noticed something different about him. He had chocolate ALL OVER HIS FACE and his SHIRT.
So I asked, M, did you have a cookie?
'M': No Mom, me no have a cookie.
Mom: 'Are you sure about that?
'M': yes me sure
Mom: 'M' did you have a cookie?
'M': ugh, no mom I not have a cookie.
So I tied his shoes and asked again. This time he confessed
'M': Ok, me have a cookie.
So then I explained it was ok to have one, he just needed to ask so I could help him. On our way out I noticed the half empty bag hanging off the cupboard..and well I guess his conscience got the better of him and he confessed to eating three.
But, his 'three' is more like five..so that would explain the chocolate all over his face and shirt.
Then he said,
'Hey, mom, how you know I eat cookies?'
'Mom knows everything' I said.
(I only wish I had time to take a picture of the evidence...not to mention he threw one away in the empty garbage..guess he NEVER thought I would look in there.)


8 Comments:
I've had the chance to be on the other end of it several times myself this week. I used to think my mom was either a genius or magic. Now I know I was just stupid.
CUTE LEX. It is AMAZING how MOM's know everything!
that is hilarious...but moms do know everything, right?
This is the best!
Ha ha yup sounds like my nephew, I taught him everything he knows!
That totally made me laugh. I love hearing what kids do. They are so cute!
That is such a cute story!
Oh that story is hilarious! That is so something I would do...now. Lie about eating cookies to Ross (especially about how many) when there is clear evidence of me doing so ;) I love it - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home