Jack O' Lantern Fall Classic..or as we called it 'running in the rain'
Today my friends and I ran a 5K around Niagara Falls. Talk about beautiful scenery!
It was pouring rain and freezing cold.
This is us before the race..notice the color of our shirts..light orange

and their off!

we ran around Goat Island twice, here we come in for the finish



This is what the kids did while they waited

This is us after the race..all soaking wet and cold (once we stopped moving we got really cold)look at the color change..reddish orange

This is the pumpkin I won from the door prizes..all of us sat huddled in the tent listening for our number to be read. They gave away IPODS, gift baskets, gift certificates...boy I'll tell you what, I've never heard more shouting for someone winning a pumpkin! Its huge!

As far as finishing..they didn't announce our time as we crossed..so we only have our splits to go off of..we think we finished around 30:40 or something or even 31:00..which is awesome because my last race..in Utah was 33:00 with altitude! Whoo-hoo here's to shaving off some serious time. Next race..Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day 08 (an 8K)
It was pouring rain and freezing cold.
This is us before the race..notice the color of our shirts..light orange
and their off!
we ran around Goat Island twice, here we come in for the finish
This is what the kids did while they waited
This is us after the race..all soaking wet and cold (once we stopped moving we got really cold)look at the color change..reddish orange
This is the pumpkin I won from the door prizes..all of us sat huddled in the tent listening for our number to be read. They gave away IPODS, gift baskets, gift certificates...boy I'll tell you what, I've never heard more shouting for someone winning a pumpkin! Its huge!
As far as finishing..they didn't announce our time as we crossed..so we only have our splits to go off of..we think we finished around 30:40 or something or even 31:00..which is awesome because my last race..in Utah was 33:00 with altitude! Whoo-hoo here's to shaving off some serious time. Next race..Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day 08 (an 8K)


12 Comments:
Way to go! Especially in the pouring rain (booo!) I think it is so fun that you always seem to get so many people to go do these races with you! I am jealous. I wish you lived here so we could do some together. Good luck in the race on Thanksgiving, guess we won't be out there then. Unless 'R' talcan harass Ross enough. (Do it! Do it!)
Awesome!
you go!! good job. you guys look SOAKED in the last photo - at least nobody got heatstroke in those conditions, hee hee. I wish you good weather for the turkey trot! :)
Way to go A*! That's a great accomplishment. It was good to see G*, my old mission companion in those photos too!
Wow- awesome run! Running around Niagra Falls?! Looks like you had a blast! Did your iPod get ruined in the rain? I always worry about that. Good luck on your Turkey Trot!
You guys are awesome!
Great Job! Looks like you loved every minuet of it even in the rain! Keep up the great times! That is AWESOME!
Way to go Lex! I am VERY impressed. It looked like it was FREEZING! I give you MAJOR MAJOR props! I also LOVE the new pictures of your family. Beautiful!
Great job on the race, but even better job on winning that amazing pumpkin!
That is AWESOME, Lex! You have so much will power. Please send some of that POWER my way, eh? Missin' ya!
I hope you don't mind my comment...I was googling the Jack O'Lantern Fall Classic for an entirely different reason when I stumbled upon your post! I wanted to let you know the results have been posted here if you'd like to know your time. Also, it looks like you all had fun! Congratulations on your time and thank you for coming out and sharing your morning with us :)
I hope you don't mind my comment...I was googling the Jack O'Lantern Fall Classic for an entirely different reason when I stumbled upon your post! I wanted to let you know the results have been posted here if you'd like to know your time. Also, it looks like you all had fun! Congratulations on your time and thank you for coming out and sharing your morning with us :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home