113th Annual Turkey Trot--The Official Results
So the results are in...So are the pictures
My official finish time..(drum roll please...) was 50:28..which means I ran a 10:10 mile!

Rachel and I just after our big finish together..remember she was suffering with knee problems. Notice the runners behind me to my right..finishing up the race.
Here is how my run broke down:
Over all finishing place: 4,732 (out of about 10,000 runners)
Place according to sex: 1, 623
Place according to age: 279 (out of 647 in the 25-29 age group.) I know NOT all that impressive when you look at it this way.

The four of us after the race..aren't we a bunch of gorgeous girls? we were freezing by this time!

This cute Veteran carried the flag around

People have fun with this race..this was a sleigh made out of shopping carts. If I only had my camera during the run so you could see the literal 'sea' of people ahead of us and behind us..very cool!

and of course..couldn't have a YMCA race without the Village People..that guy had to be so cold!
I am pretty happy with my time. But I do have to say I got beat by some little old ladies..I was just checking the age group winners..a 71 year old lady finished in 44 minutes! Wow! Maybe when I am her age I will be finishing that fast! That is pretty awesome!
My official finish time..(drum roll please...) was 50:28..which means I ran a 10:10 mile!
Rachel and I just after our big finish together..remember she was suffering with knee problems. Notice the runners behind me to my right..finishing up the race.
Here is how my run broke down:
Over all finishing place: 4,732 (out of about 10,000 runners)
Place according to sex: 1, 623
Place according to age: 279 (out of 647 in the 25-29 age group.) I know NOT all that impressive when you look at it this way.
The four of us after the race..aren't we a bunch of gorgeous girls? we were freezing by this time!
This cute Veteran carried the flag around
People have fun with this race..this was a sleigh made out of shopping carts. If I only had my camera during the run so you could see the literal 'sea' of people ahead of us and behind us..very cool!
and of course..couldn't have a YMCA race without the Village People..that guy had to be so cold!
I am pretty happy with my time. But I do have to say I got beat by some little old ladies..I was just checking the age group winners..a 71 year old lady finished in 44 minutes! Wow! Maybe when I am her age I will be finishing that fast! That is pretty awesome!


8 Comments:
This race was so much fun!!! Thanks for running with me! Sorry if I slowed you down with my blasted knee! You are speedy and you definetly made me want to keep going because I think I wanted to puke at mile 4!:0)
Congrats on the time! That really is great especially with the cold and you just getting over a cold. I can't wait to get this baby out and start running again.
I can't believe how grown up your kids are! So cute!
When you posted that video of the Turkey Trot I thought for sure you were one of those girls dressed as 'Santa's Helpers' LOL. Too funny. That looks like such a fun race to run. One day you and I will run a race together....one day....
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! WOW- I am really impressed and so proud of you. That is awesome! I can't believe how many runners there were.
That's so cool! The whole running thing is addictive, isn't it?
WAY TO GO!! You are so awesome. I'm so impressed!
Way to go!! That is so awesome!!
Lex - I am so WAY impressed with you girl! VERY speedy. And you look absolutely FAB.
I'm so excited about you coming into Utah!! I really REALLY hope you guys'll have a time for a little get together of our own. Even treats and lounging chit-chat would be awesome. :)
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home