Monday, April 26, 2010

'Congratulation Dady' a little didy to Baskin Robbins

No...
I haven't forgotten how to spell (although if anyone has recieved texts from me you just might wonder)
Pull up a chair, sit back and relax while I sing you a little diddy to explain the title of my post

I like to call it 'Baskin Robbins'

(guitar strums)

Oh Baskin Robbins, oh how we love thee!
From your 31 flavors..to your delicious ice cream cakes! but we especially love your 31cent scoop nights!

But what we don't love..your customer service
and the fact that your employees hate their jobs and can't spell words like'congratulations' and 'daddy' and probably supercalifragilistic...ohh who really needs to spell that word anyway?


ohhh ohhh ohh Baskin Robbins
ohh ohh ohh Baskin Robbins

(guitar strums)

I went to Baskin Robbins in Cape St. Claire Maryland on Saturday-ayayay
To order a delicious ice cream cake for my man (who just defended his thesis and completed his rite of passage into adulthood..no longer student life)

But oh the three employees standing around in an almost empty store..they were so rude to me and told me they couldn't write a simple phrase on my cake (even though the sign said 'custom cakes' hmm imagine that?)

then when I asked what the prices were..they rudely said..'look on the box my dear' (only they didn't say my dear I was just trying to rhyme kinda)
to which I replied..there aren't any..thanks then walked out with my three kiddos

ohhh ohhh Baskin Robbins
ohh ohh ohh Baskin Robbins

So then I drove to another location and started the process ooo-ver!
I hunted down an employee to write on my 35 dollar and 99 cent oreo cake
yes my 35 dollar and 99 cent ice cream cake! (we could write a whole other song about that)

Guess I should have written my request down because what I got was
'congratulation Dady'
yes what I got for my 35 dollar and 99 cent cake was
'congratulation Dady'
'congratulation Dady'
in blue frosting (I don't even know what Dady spells..Dad why?)

ohh ohh Baskin Robbins
Ohh Ohh Baskin Robins
You gave me a 35 dollar and 99 cent cake with the words
'congratulation Dady' in blue icing on my black and white oreo cake!

Ohh Ohh Baskin Robbins
Ohh Ohh Baskin Robbins

Guess things like customer ser-vice and spelling are not job requirements!
Man we might have to bypass 31 cent scoop day this year (sigh, nothing better than ice cream for dinner on 31 cent scoop night)

Ohh Ohh Baskin Robbins...
Ohh Ohh Baskin Robbins
expect a strong worded letter care of me-eeee!

(guitar strumming ends)




Thank you! thank you! I'll be here all week and I do take requests!

Just call me the lyrical gangsta!

11 Comments:

Blogger The Favorite said...

Now way. .. That is crazy!
You should submit this one to cake wrecks :http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

We are so happy for all of you that he is done!!!!!
Tell him next time he comes to defend his thesis we'll get a babysitter for the kids and take him to a really nice place that does still have pasta. yikes- he's nice to have endured that.

April 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Strupp Family said...

You've lived on the east coast a long time, right? Is this the first time you've encountered bad customer service? Because that is just plain amazing :) I'm attributing it to the region, not the chain. I bet they have really great customer service at Baskin Robbins in this region. Just saying...

But, CONGRATULATIONS TO R.! Now when are you guys coming to live out this way? Soon? Let me know.

April 26, 2010 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Needed to amend my comment since I revealed a name:) ... so here it is properly ...
Way to go R!!!! And a cake you'll never forget too. Maybe they should have gotten an advanced degree;), in spelling.

April 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

unbelievable!!! as my brother in law once said to his kids as the guy at the fast food place totally messed up their order, "kids, this is why we get a high school education!"

April 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL and a half!! I am laughing so hard. That song was just ... well, somethin' Lex! You are a hoot.

Congrats Congrats Congrats to "Dady" R!! HUGE accomplishment. I remember hangin' out and talking about the "FUTURE" when school is finally done. Can't say it gets a ton easier. haha. J/K - it does ... in it's own way.

Excited to hear about what adventures you guys have in store.

Thanks so much Lex for your support in Tyler's grant. You can vote on facebook AND on the Pepsi website. Lotsa love just for you, "My dear"!

April 27, 2010 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

Lex- That is so funny!

But WAY TO GO R!!!! I bet you guys are so happy to have that done.

Thanks for the song- It was AMAZING!

April 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Matt and Autumn Stone said...

You made laugh through the whole thing! I love how you bought the cake bc Ryan completely finished school...apparently they have a LONG way to go!...and not to mention, you better have gotten one heck of a discount off that cake!

April 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Jord said...

Oh, that is too good!

April 28, 2010 at 2:01 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Haha. That is HI-larious. Well, not for you, but for me to read ;) Ice cream cakes are hella expensive. Ross makes them for me and they are super tasty. An added bonus? My husband knows how to spell ;)

Congrats to R (and to you) for making it all this way. Woot Woot! You guys are amazing!

April 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your amazing musical talent. I could just hear this little ditty in my head. You should take it on the road!

May 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home