You wanna piece of me? and other tales
My brother sent the kids some Nacho Libre masks. Another thing our kids are OBSESSED with.
Clearly M takes his a little more seriously
Pretty Nacho-like to 'invent' the rest of his costume..red golushes, and a red t-shirt for a cape. So he's set for Halloween..almost, just need to get him some red 'stretchy pants' yust for fun.
Also....
This past week my aunt came out to visit from Utah.
We toured the Capital..in the rain
Arlington National Cemetary..in the rain
The Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The Museum of Natural History..in the rain
Gettysburg..in the freezing cold rain
Where the first day battle took place..right behind us.
Another day of battle
Little Round Top
The Devils Den..can't you just almost see Union and Confederate troops in and out of those rocks?
Gettysburg is amazing! We are definitly going back to see more of it and to be able to walk around more. Before you go, may I suggest reading the book, 'The Killer Angels' by Micheal Shaara. Then watch the movie 'Gettysburg' you'll have a much better understanding of what took place.
Finally...
I've been doing some PR work for Worldwide Organization for Women (WOW). We had a huge 10 day conference that started in Utah and ended in D.C. This amazing woman, Asha, spoke and met with Government officials to tell her story. She's from Somalia and founded an organization to help Women and Children in her home country (at great risk to her personal safety). It was an honor to meet her and help her story get out!


7 Comments:
awesome lex! you have a cool life. i remember gettysburg really well from when i lived in maryland, it was somewhere everyone always wanted to go. so neat.
You guys sure keep busy!! Gettysburg WOULD be a fabulous place to visit.
I. Am. DYING. with the Nacho Libre masks and poses. :D hahaha. SO funny!! They all look super cute.
Is that the same org that Susan Dayton works with? She was just talking about something like that at a meeting tonight? Hmm...
Looks like you had fun and ARE having fun around DC. Cool huh? Wish I was there! Might have been cold for her visit, but it will warm up and here.....well.....you know!
NACHO LIBRE your kids a so silly! That was funny! I am so glad you had such a great time with your Aunt! It look amazing! I mean Amazing! I am so glad to see that you guys are alive and doing so good. miss you tons and I am so happy that you guys are having a blast!
You guys are always doing such fun stuff. And I love the Nacho Libre outfits :)
My kids love the masks and say, "Mom, we TOLD you we REALLY wanted to see that movie!!!"
How fun encountering you guys in the blog world!
I just LOVE your blog and seeing all the cute pics and updates! I'm sure Amherst just isn't the same without ya'll there! We hope to visit this upcoming May but sad ya'll won't be there! That's great about Rodrigo! I haven't heard from him in such a long time...I send little messages to him on facebook so we keep in touch a little bit. Ya'll are so great for him! THanks for sharing the blog! This is great! Love you tons and give the little ones a hug- they are sooo cute and growing up so fast!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home