Thursday, September 17, 2009

Birthday 'Snuggie'

Our kids are OBSESSED with the Snuggie...seriously? you ask...oh yes!

'Its so cool mom, you can sit on the couch and you don't have to take your arms out to change the channel, you can stay warm'

I mean, how could you NOT want one? its the blanket with sleeves.

Oh yes...its that bad!

So, M spilled the beans to me that P is planning on getting me one for my birthday. R thought that was pretty funny and kept insisting I would get one..a hot pink one or a zebra print one.

So..guess who's birthday comes before mine? hahahahaha (evil laugh)




M wanted to get daddy one, because he didn't want daddy to be cold while watching tv and fumbling for the remote.
So......


we found the coolest snuggie ever! (boy is that EVER an oxymoron!)



only I guess he wasn't so surprised because apparently M drew him a picture the night before of him wearing a 'rainbow' snuggie..so it kind of ruined the hilarity of birthday morning... the picture is quite hilarious though. It made R laugh ever time he looked at it while at work today.

also..R wouldn't even put the thing on..he claims it was because it was a Redskins snuggie and NOT a Baltimore Ravens one...oh but we can fix that!

here he is blocking me from taking a picture of him holding it up.

The kids have NO problem wearing the snuggie..in fact they want one of their own!

Don't worry..the birthday boy got other presents besides the snuggie...he got an ice cream maker and a remote control car. The kid of presents big boys like!
We also had a nice, delicious cherry cheesecake..but we had to eat it yesterday since I was stuck at work until almost 1:00 a.m. doing election coverage.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the snuggie! Nice joke. Hope your birthday was a good one R. Good luck in your new job L. Heard you fell into a new one. Cool! Love you guys and stay warm while watching TV!

September 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Strupp Family said...

That's so funny! My mom was just joking with us the other day about how she considers herself a success because none of us own a snuggie :) So Trevor told me we should get her one for HER birthday. Good times.

September 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger gantrieb said...

HA! I love it! You know, it's not as bad as you think... I love mine-and yes, I will admit it!

September 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Peacocks said...

Ha Ha that is sooooo funny, my friend Ang just put on facebook that her hubby loves his snuggie and she got a pic of him in it asleep lastnight. I hope that she blogs it I am dying to see what a bald Brazilian looks like in his beloved snuggie!

September 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your family cracks me up. Love the Snuggie obsession. Happy Birthday 'R'!

September 17, 2009 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

That is great! You are so tricky. Hearing about the cheesecake made me miss you even more...
Happy Birthday!

September 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

THAT IS GREAT! I love it! I think everyone in the back of there mind wants a snuggie! Who wouldn't! So now with him not looking the second he puts it on- you take a picture! Because I know he LOVES it!

September 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger family said...

That is a crack up! We laugh everytime we see that commercial, now we will really laugh - at you guys!! Happy Birthday Ryan!

September 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

What is it with kids, our kids love this thing too. Stockton wants to buy me one so bad it is funny. Happy Birthday Ryan!

September 19, 2009 at 2:30 AM  
Blogger Breanne said...

I totally want one of those and so does Xander. They come in a kids size too!! :)

September 22, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Jord said...

Hahaha! That is a great story and I love that you beat him to it. The snuggie...what an invention.

September 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Belnap Family said...

OKay let me tell you why I am laughing soo hard- My kid Ethan is obsessed with these infomercials. He repeats them to me all the time. We seriously laugh all the time about the snuggie and guess, just GUESS what I got for MY birthday last month?! Yup, a snuggie!! My kids literally fight over it in the mornings! Oh how I wish I had the pink animal print though :)

October 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home