Are we really ready to potty train???? already?
UGH! Please help!
Little H has decided she no longer wants to keep her diapers on.
She's been able to pull them off for a while now, but yesterday...
YESTERDAY
She took it off and wouldn't put it back on.
Fine, I thought
maybe she wants out of a wet diaper so if I put on a dry diaper or undies maybe she'll wear them
Oh no
not her
she screamed and fought. She just wanted to be naked!
So then, since I couldn't have her pee everywhere I had to get the potty chair.
She was excited to sit on it, but NEVER went. She would run around naked and say 'potty' and so we'd get her on it. Then nothing.
I am so not ready for this now!
All day this went on, she peed twice on the floor.
Finally, at bed time she allowed us to put it back on her. And luckily she kept it on all night.
Today, same thing. Lots of false alarms (more her playing than actually trying..and feeling like she needs to go potty)
It was a fight to get the diaper on..but now its staying on for a little while longer.
Boy, please tell me its a fluke! and give me advice! What do I do? Keep indulging her little game in the hopes she really wants to. Or do I just ignore it? I don't want to smash any interest yet..but I mean come on, she won't be two for four more months!
Little H has decided she no longer wants to keep her diapers on.
She's been able to pull them off for a while now, but yesterday...
YESTERDAY
She took it off and wouldn't put it back on.
Fine, I thought
maybe she wants out of a wet diaper so if I put on a dry diaper or undies maybe she'll wear them
Oh no
not her
she screamed and fought. She just wanted to be naked!
So then, since I couldn't have her pee everywhere I had to get the potty chair.
She was excited to sit on it, but NEVER went. She would run around naked and say 'potty' and so we'd get her on it. Then nothing.
I am so not ready for this now!
All day this went on, she peed twice on the floor.
Finally, at bed time she allowed us to put it back on her. And luckily she kept it on all night.
Today, same thing. Lots of false alarms (more her playing than actually trying..and feeling like she needs to go potty)
It was a fight to get the diaper on..but now its staying on for a little while longer.
Boy, please tell me its a fluke! and give me advice! What do I do? Keep indulging her little game in the hopes she really wants to. Or do I just ignore it? I don't want to smash any interest yet..but I mean come on, she won't be two for four more months!


14 Comments:
Nah. You're the mom, and you're in charge. I know lots of people believe in child-led weaning/potty-training etc. Not me. It's you that has to deal with it, so you decide when you're ready. Force the diaper on--tape it if you have to--if you're not ready.
Sheesh, I sound like the meanest mom EVER. I swear I'm not. Noah did this exact thing--refused to let me put a diaper on him last week so we just DID potty-train him. But he turns 3 today, so there's a big age difference there.
two words...duct tape!
I don't know I had a cousin who went through the same thing with her little girl and she really was ready to be potty trained, it was funny because her little bum couldn't hold her pants up!
Uh. I know Jill would say to duct tape it on. She won't be able to get that off. Soon enough she'll get over it. Its a phase I'm sure. She probably likes your reaction. Nate would keep putting his hands down his diaper at that age so I kept him in onesies every day until he forgot about it. So maybe a onesie would work. Good luck!
Lily has been doing that for a while now. She got in trouble for taking it off, every time. And yeah, onesies are great for this. I put her in those for about 2 weeks straight, and she quit doing it. She still takes her pants off, but not the diaper, thank heavens.
Duct tape? but will you be able to get it off? That has always worried me about the duct tape.
Pull ups, don't call them diapers, call them big girl pants or something else??? Good luck with that one!
HAHAHAHA! Bless your heart, Lex!! Pee on the carpet is seriously no fun AT ALL. Having the potty chair out and talking about using it ... and STILL making her keep a diaper on won't squash her interest. Pull-Ups are ex.pen.sive. I agree with the emily - you have to deal with the messes ... you get to decide when you're/she's ready. Girls are sooooooo stubborn!! - definitely a battle I would insist on winning, though. ;) GOOD LUCK! It's so much easier said then done.
I'm quite content to read ... and chuckle! :P
20 months is not too early if she is ready and you are ready...
You have more experience in this area than I do, so I don't think I should be dishing out advice. LOL. But when Anna did that, that is when we potty trained her, but she was also a lot older than 'H'. So for you, I hope this is a phase...a VERY SHORT phase ;) Sorry Lex!
Ha! The word verification for me right now is 'nocry' so fitting...
Yikes! I like the onsie idea
So funny! But I shouldn't laugh because it's not funny for you. My last doctor said his daughter starting training at 18 months because she was so stubborn and wanted to be done with diapers. It's a headache for you, but maybe she's ready.?!
So much fun....I am NOT looking forward to that moment. Right now Natles just looks at me when I go to the bathroom like...hmmmmm...what is she doing?
Yikes, Kate has "Princess Pullups" maybe those will help...
Remember that you're good enough, smart enough and I love you!
Duct tape, and onsies. I know that I am not ready for Kaylie (who just turned 2) to potty train - because in the end I feel like it will be ME who is potty trained. Not her. I was try to hold off - but good luck! What a silly girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home