First day of First Grade
So I am a lame mom and this actually happened Monday..but I had one kid throwing up and another depending on me for everything else so I am only getting to this on her THIRD day of school..oh well!
P and her buddy I..they were so excited for school! Too bad they aren't in the same class.
and with a swoosh of the bus doors she was off.
All day long I watched the clock wondering what she was doing at that exact time..wondering if she was happy, if she was having a good time. Then at lunch, I wondered if she was able to find the lunchroom (I knew she would, but SHE was really worried about it).
So when it was time to pick her up from the bus stop I was nervous....first to make sure she got off on the right stop (definitly didn't need a repeat of last years first day!)So when the bus stopped I watched and waited. She was all smiles when she got off, but because she couldn't see me at first (I was at the end of a long line of parents) she got a little nervous. But once I stuck my head out the smile came back! She ran to me, gave me a HUGE hug and told me her first day of First Grade was AWESOME!!!' and she can't wait to go back!
WHHHEEEWWW..huge relief!
So first, second and now third day of school have been a sucess! Now we wait for M to start his first day of preschool..next week!


6 Comments:
That is so exciting! I can't believe how big she is. She looks adorable and happy and you are just a good mom, Lex. I can just picture her getting off the bus and running to you. So sweet.
Congrats on starting school again. Jane told me today, "All moms get choked up, but we first graders still have to go to school."
First grade?! Crazy! She looks super cute and all grown up. I am glad the first week was successful thus far and that she enjoys it. Woot! Woot!
How fun for her on her first day! We sure miss you guys! I always HATE the first day of school, but I get into the swing of things after a couple of weeks. Glad all went well.
She looks absolutely darling! Big first grader - that is crazy land!
I can't believe she is that old!!!!Glad she is happy at school. We are so sad we didn't get to see you. We miss you so much. Hope M and P both have a great year in school. Love you all!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home