Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beach Baby, Beach Baby..give me your hand..our trip to the Atlantic

Some great friends came in for a weekend visit from New York. So we took them to the Atlantic Ocean.

I have no idea what M is doing..maybe trying to make a sand angel..on his face! Typical M..our funny man!

We went to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.
The drive was a little long...about three hours (hey its summer and beach traffic bites!)
but once we got there we had a blast!

We ran from waves




Rode the boogie boards and Kick boards

this is such a face I used to pull when I was little..its the 'i'm scared..but i'm trying to have fun face'


C rocked the board!

built sand castles



played in the sand


and of course...swam

I think R and G stayed in the water the whole day! They had so much fun!



Funny little side note..we've had our first haircut mishap
On our drive we realized H's hair..particularly her bangs seemed rather short. Eventually P confessed she had taken the scissors to them on Friday...'her hair kept getting in her face and no matter what I did it wouldn't stay out..so I cut it' she sobbed.
So no scissors in P's room anymore.

One view...


Oh the joys!

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I've been to Rehoboth! When I lived in MD as a kid. Weird. A hurricane had just come through and the place was deserted.

Your sand castles are AWESOME! I'm very impressed. looks like a really good time. I wish we lived near a beach.

August 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Haha. It could have been much worse and she was only trying to help, right?! Gotta love kids. Looks like a fun trip!

August 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Looks like you had a great time! Yeh, we had a scissor incident the other day too. The boys were cutting packing tape out of Lilly's hair. Good times!

August 10, 2009 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

you guys always do such fun things, i bet people love coming to visit you guys!

August 10, 2009 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

ahhhhh ... I love the beach. Looks like such a fabulous time. I am laughing so hard at M face down in the sand. :D

And cute P ... I can just picture her sobbing through her confession. How can you be mad at that cute thing?!?

Great pictures and memories!

August 10, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

Oh, we want to go to the beach with you too!!!!

Sorry about the hair cutting. Jane does a great job of asking us EVERY time if she can use scissors. We love the pictures and it makes us miss you so much. We'll talk soon!

August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home