Christmas Tag
I have to admit, I've never done a tag before so I say consider this a 'non'tag. I just thought it was cute..I got it from my friend Emily's blog.
So here goes..do it if you want..otherwise enjoy the festivities!
#1 wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to receive gifts in wrapping paper..but I HATE to give them..probably because I can't wrap worth a darn!
#2 real tree or artificial? Growing up we ALWAYS had a real tree and everyone talks about how you can't beat that real tree smell..but I cannot remember the whole house smelling like a real tree for the life of me..so I guess I'm all for artificial..although there are some fun traditions with going and picking out your tree..ahh I guess I can't decide.
#3 when do you put up your tree? Usually the first part of December or around my birthday (if its a real tree, the later the better)
#4 when do you take it down? After New Years..then again it all depends on if its real or not.
#5 do you like eggnog? Heck yes I do!
#6 favorite gift received as a child? My bike when I was in 4th grade. We got up really early to see if we all got bikes and to our disappointment there were no bikes under the tree. So we curled up in our blankets near the tree and fell back asleep..we were woken up by my little brother crawling all over us. When we opened our eyes..there in front of us stood three beautiful bikes! We were so excited! I ran over to get a closer look and make sure they were real, when suddenly my dad jumped up from behind the couch and screamed..ever since that day my heart has never worked properly! But what a great surprise!
#7 worst christmas gift ever received?hmmm..I think I've been pretty lucky on this one and haven't recieved any bad ones...well one year myparents bought us all a really expensive gift but that meant there wasn't much to open so she bought a bunch of silly t-shirts and sweat pants and wrapped them up to throw us off..that wasn't so good, but hey we got the BIG gift right?
#8 hardest person to buy for? my husband..he NEVER tells me what he wants, I am ALWAYS left guessing
#9 easiest person to buy for? my self..I mean my kids
#10 do you have a nativity scene? yes, R brought back this beautiful wooden one from Africa one of the Christmases he went there..I love it!
#11 mail or email christmas cards? Mail all the way..I love checking the mail in December and seeing all the great cards!
#12 favorite christmas movie? Serious one: Its a wonderful Life. Funny: A Christmas Story. I also have to add "White Christmas" and "Christmas Vacation' to that list..they are all toss ups 'Its a beaut Clark!'
#13 when do you start christmas shopping? September-Octoberish.
#14 have you ever recycled a christmas present? Don't think so
#15 favorite thing to eat at christmas? wow, I have to name just one? hmm anything minty chocoloate..love it! The new M&M's out right now that are big and fat like the Peanut Butter ones but have chocolate in the center (haha but not just chocolate..a minty chocolate) ohhh so enjoying these right now!
#16 lights on the tree? Heeellleeewwww, what else is there?
#17 favorite christmas song? Merry Christmas Darling..the Carpenters
#18 travel or stay home? Toss up..last year with a baby due we stayed home and it was heaven! This year we are traveling home for Christmas and I can't wait!
#19 can you name all of santa's reindeer? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen and of course Rudolph
#20 angel or star? star
#21 open presents Christmas morning or eve? morning..but we do open one gift..usually jammies or a movie.
#22 favorite ornament theme or color?haha I've been using hand-me-down ornaments since we got married..student life right? So its whatever we have..but I do love the antique look..old iron ornaments, white lights, red and silver bulbs.
#23 favorite place for christmas dinner? doesn't matter where, just as long as everyone is there.
#24 most annoying thing about this time of year? That you can't say 'Merry Christmas' anymore..you have to say 'Happy Holidays' come on..we cater to everyone else's religious freedom, why CAN'T we get a little catering?
#25 what do you want for christmas this year? I have no idea..this year has been hard to come up with that ONE gift..although I know clothes are always nice..I would really like a chi..long story as to why I don't have one..but it sure would be nice. Other than that WORLD PEACE!
So here goes..do it if you want..otherwise enjoy the festivities!
#1 wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to receive gifts in wrapping paper..but I HATE to give them..probably because I can't wrap worth a darn!
#2 real tree or artificial? Growing up we ALWAYS had a real tree and everyone talks about how you can't beat that real tree smell..but I cannot remember the whole house smelling like a real tree for the life of me..so I guess I'm all for artificial..although there are some fun traditions with going and picking out your tree..ahh I guess I can't decide.
#3 when do you put up your tree? Usually the first part of December or around my birthday (if its a real tree, the later the better)
#4 when do you take it down? After New Years..then again it all depends on if its real or not.
#5 do you like eggnog? Heck yes I do!
#6 favorite gift received as a child? My bike when I was in 4th grade. We got up really early to see if we all got bikes and to our disappointment there were no bikes under the tree. So we curled up in our blankets near the tree and fell back asleep..we were woken up by my little brother crawling all over us. When we opened our eyes..there in front of us stood three beautiful bikes! We were so excited! I ran over to get a closer look and make sure they were real, when suddenly my dad jumped up from behind the couch and screamed..ever since that day my heart has never worked properly! But what a great surprise!
#7 worst christmas gift ever received?hmmm..I think I've been pretty lucky on this one and haven't recieved any bad ones...well one year myparents bought us all a really expensive gift but that meant there wasn't much to open so she bought a bunch of silly t-shirts and sweat pants and wrapped them up to throw us off..that wasn't so good, but hey we got the BIG gift right?
#8 hardest person to buy for? my husband..he NEVER tells me what he wants, I am ALWAYS left guessing
#9 easiest person to buy for? my self..I mean my kids
#10 do you have a nativity scene? yes, R brought back this beautiful wooden one from Africa one of the Christmases he went there..I love it!
#11 mail or email christmas cards? Mail all the way..I love checking the mail in December and seeing all the great cards!
#12 favorite christmas movie? Serious one: Its a wonderful Life. Funny: A Christmas Story. I also have to add "White Christmas" and "Christmas Vacation' to that list..they are all toss ups 'Its a beaut Clark!'
#13 when do you start christmas shopping? September-Octoberish.
#14 have you ever recycled a christmas present? Don't think so
#15 favorite thing to eat at christmas? wow, I have to name just one? hmm anything minty chocoloate..love it! The new M&M's out right now that are big and fat like the Peanut Butter ones but have chocolate in the center (haha but not just chocolate..a minty chocolate) ohhh so enjoying these right now!
#16 lights on the tree? Heeellleeewwww, what else is there?
#17 favorite christmas song? Merry Christmas Darling..the Carpenters
#18 travel or stay home? Toss up..last year with a baby due we stayed home and it was heaven! This year we are traveling home for Christmas and I can't wait!
#19 can you name all of santa's reindeer? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen and of course Rudolph
#20 angel or star? star
#21 open presents Christmas morning or eve? morning..but we do open one gift..usually jammies or a movie.
#22 favorite ornament theme or color?haha I've been using hand-me-down ornaments since we got married..student life right? So its whatever we have..but I do love the antique look..old iron ornaments, white lights, red and silver bulbs.
#23 favorite place for christmas dinner? doesn't matter where, just as long as everyone is there.
#24 most annoying thing about this time of year? That you can't say 'Merry Christmas' anymore..you have to say 'Happy Holidays' come on..we cater to everyone else's religious freedom, why CAN'T we get a little catering?
#25 what do you want for christmas this year? I have no idea..this year has been hard to come up with that ONE gift..although I know clothes are always nice..I would really like a chi..long story as to why I don't have one..but it sure would be nice. Other than that WORLD PEACE!


7 Comments:
what about ELF- funniest christmas movie-but i too have to put white christmas on my list-love it!
I totally agree I HATE how they say Happy Holidays! Seriously!
Happy Holidays Lex-ee-loo!!! ;)
I really enjoyed this post ... very entertaining read!
I laughed really hard at the easiest person to buy for ... haha. My hubby always wants outlandishly priced items - so, I basically never know what to get him. sigh.
I have to disagree with the no smell to the real Christmas tree!! How can you foget that smell we had in the house growing up? I just got my REAL tree last night and our whole house smells like Christmas!!
So right Gantrie..how COULD I FORGET ELF!!?? Helleeww
I can't believe I left that off the list. Its by far our family favorite!
I was going to say the same thing about Elf! I know how much your kiddos enjoy that movie. 'R' and Ross are the opposite when it comes to presents. You would think with 2 fmailies buying him presents AND his birthday being on Christmas he would run out of things to want...but it never happens! I especially loves your story about the bikes and your dad scaring you - hilarious. And I have a bowl of the big mint M7M's on my table right now. LOL. That is why we are friends ;)
What the he-- ... Merry CHRISTMAS!! I'm so excited that you're going to come down. We need to plan a time to get together. I'm really excited to get to see you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home