Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School has officially started...and I am crying!


I kept praying in my head last night that Heavenly Father would stop today from coming, but my alarm went off at 5:45 without a hitch...maybe more faith is needed for that?
We got 'P' up at 6:30 for a bath. Then she picked out her first day of school outfit and we did her hair (she got it cut yesterday, how's that for procrastinating?) 'M' starts preschool today as well, he won't go until later but he could feel the excitement in the air and was up at 6:30 too.


What a beautiful little girl..if I may say so myself!

Then we had family scripture time and prayer..we want to send them off with the 'armor of God' each day! I got this idea from a friend in our ward, excellent idea!
After that we ate breakfast (oatmeal with mango's...but the kids wouldn't try the mangos, oh well, it was yummy. We got her lunch all packed in her matching pricness lunchbox (yep all day kindergarten means lunch at school)
Then out the door to meet up with our neighbors to wait for the bus.



She didn't even look back once she got on the bus..she was so ready for today. So why wasn't I? I knew this day was coming but I cried last night and this morning as I put a special kiss in her hand to remind her of our love. I started crying which made her cry..luckily it ended well with hugs and more kisses.
'R' just called and asked if we should have followed her bus to school..he's having just as hard of a time as I am!
Stay tuned, we'll see how her first day went later...

14 Comments:

Blogger Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Ok that picture of P sitting on the bus not looking back it Terrifying! Makes me even more glad I have one more year! YIKES! I think I may cry for you too! Good luck! She will probably come home and tell you how wonderful and amazing it was! So no worries! Silly parents!

September 3, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sounds like you handled it like a real trooper!

September 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger kristenita said...

cute! all of it. her haircut, P in general, her huge backpack, you crying, R wondering if you should have followed the bus.
she will be great!!

...I get teary eyed ALREADY thinking about chase going to school! and we have 4 more years - haha.

September 3, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I LOVE 'P's' hair cut - she is seriously a gorgeous little girl. I am sure the whole things must be crazy and emotional for you. I wonder how I will be when Anna gets on a bus, I know Ross will be more emotional. He was freaking out the other day that we have a toddler and that he wants Anna to always be a baby. Silly boy! I am excited for your next post and to see how much her and 'M' liked...or didn't like, I guess..their first day of school.

September 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

She is so pretty! My mom always took me on the first day because I was always so nervous, but she looks like she just totally went for it. Good for her!

September 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Ohmigosh what a big day! She looked darling- well, they both did. I know I will be bawling when that day comes too. You made it though! Aren't you excited to hear about her adventures when she gets home?

September 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Peacocks said...

The first one is always the hardest!!! It will get easier, and lucky you all day kindergarten would be great!!!!

September 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger chicagosapps said...

It is so wild seeing them go off to school when you can so easily remember going off yourself. Ours started 3rd and 1st grade. It does get a little easier but its still wild to me.

September 3, 2008 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

P looks adorable! The first day is always so hard! She will do great!

September 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Beck Family said...

You guys are brave. I know I would have followed after the bus to make sure my kid got to her class and that no trauma occured, but I guess you know your kid. Parker is quite independent. Even a week later Jack still gets a little nervous/anxious about school so don't be suprised if she gets more scared instead of more comfortable. What a fun and terrifying experience it is to send our kids off into the world alone, not really alone, but it seems like it.

September 4, 2008 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I know how you feel! When Braden had to ride the bus to preschool last April, he was loving it and I walked home bawling! When he starts on Monday, he'll have a 45 minute bus ride to school and home! I'm already nervous about it, and ready to cry! He's just too little to be on a big bus! The good thing is that his preschool is at a school with kids of all ages, and our 13 year old neighbor boy will ride the bus with Braden. They are good buddies, and I trust him to be a good helper. It's so hard to see your kids grow up and get on busses!

September 4, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Jord said...

Oh, I feel for you! I can't even imagine the day my little girl leaves for school and know it will definitely be a mixed bag of emotions. At least she is so excited!

September 4, 2008 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Omiheck, Lex - I totally cried through this whole post. Good grief ... I've been through it myself twice already. What is MY deal? I'm glad you guys survived the wrong bus stop thing - I would have been so panicked!

Anyway - got to the bottom of the post and saw Parker's princess birthday picture again ... with Mason right smack in the middle. hahahaha! That is so stinkin' cute and funny! Made my day.

September 4, 2008 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh wow your kids are ADORABLE!!! I still can't believe that P is old enough to be in school!! That means that it's been that long since you worked with me. I am POSITIVE that I will cry all day or week when Kylie goes to school.

September 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home