New Recipe
This is what we had for diner tonight!
Tilapia Salad with Strawberry-Pineapple Salsa

Talk about yummy and easy! Tilapia is a very mild fish and combined with the strawberry-pinneapple salsa and baby spinach WOW!! Total Knock Out! It serves 4 but can easily be doubled, you won't be disappointed!
Here's what you need:
1 can crushed pineapple in juice, drained, juice reserved
2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves (I actually used cilantro and it was awesome)
2 tblspns tarragon or wine vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
4 Tilapia
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (we used Course Kosher salt)
1/4 tsp. paprika
4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
Here's what you do:
Save 2 tablspoons of pineapple juice. In small bowl mix pineapple and remaining juice with other salsa ingredients
Set oven to broil. On rack in broiler pan, place fish: spray tops of fish with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with the 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, salt and paprika. Broil with tops 4-6 inches from heat for about 6-8 minutes (yeah its that quick!) or until fish flakes easily with a fork
Arrange 1 cup of spinach per person. Place broiled fish on spinach and top with fruit salsa! Enjoy!
Oh and here's the best part
Calories: 210
Fat: 3 grams
Yeah baby! We complimented it with some nice french bread and Cous-cous.
(Oh yeah, I got it from Pillsbury)
Tilapia Salad with Strawberry-Pineapple Salsa

Talk about yummy and easy! Tilapia is a very mild fish and combined with the strawberry-pinneapple salsa and baby spinach WOW!! Total Knock Out! It serves 4 but can easily be doubled, you won't be disappointed!
Here's what you need:
1 can crushed pineapple in juice, drained, juice reserved
2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves (I actually used cilantro and it was awesome)
2 tblspns tarragon or wine vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
4 Tilapia
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (we used Course Kosher salt)
1/4 tsp. paprika
4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
Here's what you do:
Save 2 tablspoons of pineapple juice. In small bowl mix pineapple and remaining juice with other salsa ingredients
Set oven to broil. On rack in broiler pan, place fish: spray tops of fish with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with the 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, salt and paprika. Broil with tops 4-6 inches from heat for about 6-8 minutes (yeah its that quick!) or until fish flakes easily with a fork
Arrange 1 cup of spinach per person. Place broiled fish on spinach and top with fruit salsa! Enjoy!
Oh and here's the best part
Calories: 210
Fat: 3 grams
Yeah baby! We complimented it with some nice french bread and Cous-cous.
(Oh yeah, I got it from Pillsbury)


9 Comments:
Yum. Healthy too! We've tried tilapia before. This will be a fun recipe. thanks!
I love fish, especially Tilapia. That looks soooo yummy! And easy? And healthy? That sounds too good to be true. Oh wait. It is. My husband hates fish. LAME. Can I come live with you?
Oh, I have to try this. Thanks for posting! =)
You have really been getting great recipes from these Pillsbury books. I need to come and copy a lot of them.
You never cease to amaze me with your recipes. I've only heard a couple of them but think, "I'm not that adventurous." I stick too much with the old basics (tater tot casserole), but I've been inspired! BTW, it is ALDI's that I've discovered! Not everything's there, but enough to balance out the budget!
WOW you are an amazing cook! It looks so yummy. I will have to give it a try my kids aren't huge fans of fish yet. Maybe I can try this and it can be a turning point for them.
Sounds delicious.. do I dare say a little exotic? Yummy. Cor would love it!
That recipe looks so good. I just bought some tilapia from Costco so I'll have to try it out soon.
Sounds DElish!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home