Star Wars, Princesses and Pirates..Oh My!
We have a wonderful library system out here in Western New York! All summer they have great activities for kids. Last night was a Family Fun Night with a Star Wars theme.
Thanks to 'R' our kids looked the part..he is quite the wardrobe guy. 'M' was a Jedi and he looked awesome! He even got picked to take part in Jedi training where he learned how to fight with his light saber (or light saver as our kids call it). In the end he battled Darth Vader..and he stole the hearts of the audience! It was hilarious to see this short little brown hooded thing go up against such a tall dark villian. Every one ooh'ed and awe'd over it. Then he got his picture taken for the newspaper (I need to find the link).
There is a disturbance in the force..
Waiting to fight Darth Vadar
The battle sequence..
The Jedi-with training certificate
Today, the party was all about Princesses and Pirates. Once again daddy stepped up to make 'M' look the part.. He loaned him his blue bandana. The kids had such a fun time reading all about pirates and princesses with Miss Lucy as well as dancing and singing and making crafts!
Ahoy! there matey! Gotta love the shirt!
The pirates! Captain Bruce and Captain 'M'
The Princesses! so beautiful!


11 Comments:
Check out Darth Vader, it looks like the real one! How awesome. It looks like lots of fun, I wish our library did stuff like that!
I have to say I love M's boots!
Check out 'R' and his mad costuming skills. That sounds like a good time - I bet your kids had a great time. I had to get Ross to come in here and check out the jedi picture - he thought it was awesome, naturally..what boy wouldn't? You guys are such fun parents! And the princess pic of 'P' is cute.
Good grief. You guys must be the coolest parents. Don't get me wrong, I like to do fun stuff with my kids, but I'm all about simplicity (or laziness) which takes a little of the fun out of it! Love the costumes!
I love the outfits so cute!! Have fun in Utah we went in June and I have to say I am so happy to be home. There is always so much drama when I go home. Hopefully you will have a nice relaxing time. Tell Hayley congrats I am so happy for her. Have fun I am sure your Mom is just dying to see your babies, Oh and have I ever told you your mom is awesome!!
I like how mason's boots are on backwards. Uncle Ryan B.
I love "M" in is Jedi costume. So cute. How fun to get dressed up to go to the library. I'm sure the kids have fun each time they go. We are looking forward to seeing you all next week.
Your husband has a serious talent of making awesome costumes out of everyday things. I'm so glad that our little pirates could match, and our princesses were beautiful!
I love the pictures! Look how tough "M" looks! Also - I love your youth-isms. Especially the "Nachooo!" one! So funny! How much fun is it to have kids!
Wow, that does sound like a library with lots of great activities. What a great way to keep your kids busy and do fun things as a family. Love the pictures!
First of all - GOTTA love those cowboy boots ... pirate style. :) So cute.
Second - what a WAY cool library! That just sounds like so much dang fun!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home