Strawberry Fields Forever!
Today for playgroup we went strawberry picking! (Eliza you always have the greatest playgroup ideas!) The kids were so excited, they each got a bucket and loaded it up with the juicy berries.
While we picked I told them the story of the little mouse and the big juicy strawberry and of course the BIG HUNGRY BEAR! They got a kick out of the story.
'H' was strapped to my chest and didn't particularly like being bent backward everytime I leaned down to pick..so I left the pickin' to the kids. After an hour I tried to round up the kids, but they were having so much fun pickin' they couldn't stop..so we walked away with 6 quarts..and now I have quite a bit of work to do.
We love to have fresh, frozen berries so I'll cut a bunch up and freeze them and of course we can't forget making freezer jam!


5 Comments:
yum, that made me hungry for berries!
This was so much fun! How did your freezer jam turn out?
that looks like it was awesome! I bet I know what you guys are going to be eating on everything for the next few days: FRESH STRAWBERRIES.
:)
yum! Strawberries are my favorite fruit! I used to buy a whole case at a time and could eat them all before they went bad. What a fun and different play date...save me some of that jam!
Looks like so much fun! I have wondered why they don't have these places where we are. My sister is in Kentucky and she has gone to pick strawberries every year. I'm so happy that you guys got to go.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home