Time Out For Women-Toronto CA
This past weekend a group of my friends and I drove to Toronto for Time Out For Women. Its kind of like 'Women's Conference' but its sponsored by Deseret Book. We had a great time being just us girls (and 'H') and getting spiritually fed.
Friday night Sheri Dew spoke followed by musical performances by Hillry Weeks and Jenny Oaks Baker (she is a classic violinist). I met Sheri Dew and as I was talking to her I reminded her of an interview I did with her back in 2003 about Women's basketball for BYU-TV. She remembered me and gave me a hug. Then as we took a picture she squeezed me again and said, 'I love taking pictures with tall girls!' It was really cute. Then I met Hillary Weeks..'R' loves her music! She has such a pure tone to her voice and she is beautiful! She autographed my program for 'R' and took a picture with a few of us.
Hillary is the cute blonde next to me
Saturday was the marathon day..I was a little unsure how 'H' would do, but she did awesome! They had an area for mothers with babies where the sound was piped in so we could still hear everything. Plus, I had so many great friends who helped hold her and loved her! Saturday went from 8:45 until 4:00. It was full of speakers including; Merrilee Boyack (author of 'The Parenting Breakthrough...fabulous! and so funny), Mary Ellen Edmunds (she was soo funny, she spoke about being peacemakers), Chris Stewart (he is a retired Air Force Pilot and he spoke on Joy through trials), Doug Brinley (unfortunately I missed his talk entirely, I was chatting with some cute canadiens in the mother's area), and of course Jane Clayson Johnson!! I was so excited to hear her speak. I met her as well and got a picture with her. She is so down to earth and so inspiring to me! I really enjoyed talking with her!
When it was all over we drove to the Toronto Temple for a quick look and picture, then drove home.
Time Out For Women is such a great event and completly worth going! I think they have one in Utah..in Logan sometime so keep yours eyes and ears open for a date. I think they are done with their 'tour' for the spring/summer season, but I'm sure they'll have some more in the fall. If you hear about it, go! Its a blast.
Here are a few pictures from Friday night..I don't have my Sheri Dew picture or Jane Clayson Johnson one yet because someone is going to email it to me, but when I do I will post it


5 Comments:
It looks like so much fun! I love Hilary Weeks too. Have you read Chris Stewart's books about the end of the world? They're soooo good (and scarily realistic...they motivated me to start my food storage and eventually buy a GUN! YIKES!).
This was so much fun!!! We definitely need to go again! I can't believe how awesome your little bambino was!
What a fun little girl vacay. You can always count on church related events to be condusive to having a baby with you ;) Aren't we lucky to be part of a church that supports the women so well?!
Glad you had a good...mormon star studded time and I am excited to see the rest of your pics.
What a great weekend!! That is so great you were able to go with your friends. I would have loved to meet Jane too. I know TOFW came here last year...I need to look up when it'll come again so I can go. Glad you had such a great time!
WOW it sounds like you had a fun time! How could you not with a TON of women. It brings back memories of women's conference and good old KBYU. By the way I went and helped out with pledge the other night! I TOTALLY miss you and working there. We had some good memories to talk about. Remind me to tell you something funny about Jason. :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home