American Idol Dream
Ok, so judging by the title of this post I'm sure you think I am going to go on and on about how its always been my dream to be on American Idol and blablabla..HaHa good one..No. This post is all about a terrible nightmare I had this past Saturday night and watching American Idol tonight only brought it fresh into my mind.
So I dreamt that my friend Kristen H. and I were contestants on American Idol..haha funny! Not so funny for her because she actually has talent and is awesome! But haha funny for me..not so blessed with music if you know what I mean. Which is why it was a nightmare. For some reason in my dream I was one of the top finalists..and I remember thinking in my dream..'what? are they voting for the worst?' and 'what the heck am I doing here? Is this a joke?(flashback to last year and Sanjiyah or however you spell his name) so the dream was so vivid I almost hyperventilated in it. Here is why. So Kristin and I are sitting in the audience and she's about to sing (don't ask me why we were in the audience..but we were sitting there after all of us contestants had just performed a horrific dance number..I know! Could this get any worse..oh yes..read on)
So she tells me she is singing 'Staying Alive' because its 70's night. My reaction you ask? No, it wasn't, What? why are you singing that song? It was...'you already know what song you are singing?' to which she replies..'yeah, I chose it at rehersals this week.' (Really, Kristin, I KNOW you never would have chosen that song) This is when I started to panic..'what? rehersals? what, how, who ahhh!' so then they announce I am next..oh yeah can you feel the blood racing now? So here we are LIVE on tv and I have no song to sing and haven't even rehersed anything! Yeah don't forget the fact that I CAN'T SING!!! So I walk up to Ryan Seacrest and tell him the situation, then (nice guy that he is..yeah me and Ryan go way back) he says 'no problem, lets go find you a song.'
Yeah so he leaves 'hosting' and helps me find a song back stage. So we look through all kinds of 70's songs and he picks out this crazy one I've never heard of (which when you think of it..thats some creative thinking in a dream) so then he heads back to host the show and I'm left to find the lyrics on the internet. Lucky me (as if this story couldn't get any worse) the internet isn't working and I can't type the right URL address and yeah my time is getting short. So I somehow get the lyrics and meet Kristin back in the audience (apparently I missed her performance..sorry Kristin, I'm sure you did well!) When she asks me if I'm ready..I just say, 'oh yeah, I'm good.' HA! the whole time in my dream I seriously felt like I was going to throw up!! I mean it was soo real that I think I almost fainted (in my dream). So seeing the stage tonight (which by the way the show was awesome!) I totally had flashbacks! and almost hyperventilated..ok so not really, but I could have!
So I bet you are all wondering..'so what happened? did you sing, how did it go?' To my joy...I woke up before I was subjected to that kind of humiliation!
Its been so long since I've had a nightmare or a realistic dream, I used to walk and talk like crazy in my sleep (my room mates could probably attest to it).. so when was the last time you had a nightmare or a dream so realistic you went through the motions in your sleep?
So I dreamt that my friend Kristen H. and I were contestants on American Idol..haha funny! Not so funny for her because she actually has talent and is awesome! But haha funny for me..not so blessed with music if you know what I mean. Which is why it was a nightmare. For some reason in my dream I was one of the top finalists..and I remember thinking in my dream..'what? are they voting for the worst?' and 'what the heck am I doing here? Is this a joke?(flashback to last year and Sanjiyah or however you spell his name) so the dream was so vivid I almost hyperventilated in it. Here is why. So Kristin and I are sitting in the audience and she's about to sing (don't ask me why we were in the audience..but we were sitting there after all of us contestants had just performed a horrific dance number..I know! Could this get any worse..oh yes..read on)
So she tells me she is singing 'Staying Alive' because its 70's night. My reaction you ask? No, it wasn't, What? why are you singing that song? It was...'you already know what song you are singing?' to which she replies..'yeah, I chose it at rehersals this week.' (Really, Kristin, I KNOW you never would have chosen that song) This is when I started to panic..'what? rehersals? what, how, who ahhh!' so then they announce I am next..oh yeah can you feel the blood racing now? So here we are LIVE on tv and I have no song to sing and haven't even rehersed anything! Yeah don't forget the fact that I CAN'T SING!!! So I walk up to Ryan Seacrest and tell him the situation, then (nice guy that he is..yeah me and Ryan go way back) he says 'no problem, lets go find you a song.'
Yeah so he leaves 'hosting' and helps me find a song back stage. So we look through all kinds of 70's songs and he picks out this crazy one I've never heard of (which when you think of it..thats some creative thinking in a dream) so then he heads back to host the show and I'm left to find the lyrics on the internet. Lucky me (as if this story couldn't get any worse) the internet isn't working and I can't type the right URL address and yeah my time is getting short. So I somehow get the lyrics and meet Kristin back in the audience (apparently I missed her performance..sorry Kristin, I'm sure you did well!) When she asks me if I'm ready..I just say, 'oh yeah, I'm good.' HA! the whole time in my dream I seriously felt like I was going to throw up!! I mean it was soo real that I think I almost fainted (in my dream). So seeing the stage tonight (which by the way the show was awesome!) I totally had flashbacks! and almost hyperventilated..ok so not really, but I could have!
So I bet you are all wondering..'so what happened? did you sing, how did it go?' To my joy...I woke up before I was subjected to that kind of humiliation!
Its been so long since I've had a nightmare or a realistic dream, I used to walk and talk like crazy in my sleep (my room mates could probably attest to it).. so when was the last time you had a nightmare or a dream so realistic you went through the motions in your sleep?


1 Comments:
ha ha ha! I'm glad you posted this. I love being in people's dreams & that one was so funny. I probably got ripped apart by simon though, so don't you go thinking I did too awesome. sorry for the stress. hopefully we at least LOOKED good - national tv & all, right!
stayin' alive?! ah ah ah ah stayin alive...
maybe you are nervous about ward choir singing on sunday? hee hee.
(hopefully you dream about puppies & rainbows tonight!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home