Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mom's Day


On Friday, May 9th 'P's school had a 'Mom's Day'. She was so excited to have me come to school with her. I got to sit on the 'carpet' right behind her..she thought that was pretty neat! Then we made necklaces out of paper, fruit loops, colored noodles and beads. We decided to make a pattern on mine.
Aren't they lovely?


Then we moved into another classroom and danced! WHEWWW, man can her mom groove! haha!

After we got our wiggles out we went to yet another classroom and she drew a lovely portrait of me and then we got to paint each others faces..as a side note, I was the only one who let my child paint my face. The other mom's got their hands painted. When I got home and tried to wash it off, I realized why...the paint stained my skin and I ended up with a purple cheek for the rest of the night!

Its a good thing we did a girls only night (daddy and 'M' went on a Fathers and sons campout). We had so much fun together at 'Mom's Day' I can't believe she is growing up so big! It seems like only yesterday I was toting around a baby..ok so yeah yesterday I was. Time sure does go speeding by..you really have to stop and appreciate the moments you have.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Lex you are such a good mom! Happy mother's day!

May 13, 2008 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Lex - you have GOT to be the cutest mom EVER!!! I absolutely love that bottom picture - you two look so much alike!

May 14, 2008 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Socute! You both look so happy spending time together!

May 14, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are such a 'super mom' I bet 'P' was in heaven getting to spend a whole day with you! I love the pic of her bustin a move and the last pic is sweet - even though you got stained cheek out of it :)

May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger kristenita said...

:)

May 15, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

So fun! I'm glad you had such a good day! BTW, you look awesome! Still Turbo Jammin? ;)

May 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

These are some of the CUTEST photos I have EVER seen!!! I LOVE THEM!!! What a fun fun day with your daughter. You look stunning by the way! There is no way you just had a baby you look like you've just walked out of a magazine! I LOVED this post, one of my favorites! Hope you are doing well. Miss you!

May 17, 2008 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You look so cute!

May 20, 2008 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

That is so cute! I love it! You are such a great mom! That is so cute that you let her paint your face! I am so glad that you had a great mom's day! That is so much fun! Sorry I have not bloged for a long time- I am kind-of out of it. But anyways I am so glad I got to see you when you came down. When are you coming for summer? Love you tons! see you soon!

May 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home