The mind of a 4 year old
So our daughter got mad at me this morning because I had asked her to pick up her pajamas and clothes off the floor. She threw a fit and started hitting things on her bed in protest.
So I turned to our baby..who was looking a little bothered by all the noise and said, 'She isn't being a very good girl right now.' Well that set 'P' off even more.
She then said, "why are you talking so mean to me? that means you hate me!' and I told her no, I didn't hate her but she wasn't making good choices right now. But she kept insisting I hated her.
So I kept telling her I loved her. Then I turned the tables on her and said,
'so if you think I was talkng mean and you think it means I hate you..then does it mean you hate me because you are yelling at me and throwing things?'
Of course she didn't respond and I thought maybe the argument was over.
Nope! Then she said if I didn't love her she was going to move back to Orem.
Mom: 'what about 'H', won't you miss her?
'P': 'I'm taking her with me and grandma will take care of her.'
Mom: 'well 'H' needs mommy to feed her and grandma can't do that.'
'P': 'we'll just feed her baby food.'
Mom: 'Well, she can't eat that yet.'
'P': 'Fine, we'll wait until she's crawling then we'll move back to Orem."
Mom: 'what about your brother?'
'P': 'He's coming too.'
Mom: 'how will you get there?'
'P' 'on an airplane'
Mom: 'where will you get the ticket?'
'P': 'From you, if you just have one you can give it to me'
Mom: 'I don't have one, otherwise we would have flown back to visit a long time ago.'
'P' 'Then we'll call grandma and have her send us one.'
Mom: 'So your just going to leave me and daddy here?'
'P' 'No, daddy is coming with us too.'
Mom: 'So you'll just leave me here alone?'
'P' 'No, you can come too, but your sick so you'll have to come when your better.'
so in the end..we all get to come out, even though she's mad at me!
Haha I thought it was soo funny. Hope you enjoy the mind of an almost 5 year old.
(p.s during all of this our three year old was cleaning the room, including picking up all of her stuff. )
What a crack up!
Oh and after I posted this..she wrote me a card. When I asked her to read it to me this is what she said,
'Mommy, I love you so much and I just love you and but I know that you still really love me. I really know you and really, really really do do do love you. You are so happy and I'll take care of my toys when there is a mess everyday! I am so happy for my dreams!
Hilarious!!!


10 Comments:
girls are CRAZY! the thing is, i remember thinking/doing things just like that. we're all the same!
sooo funny!
Ah, the drama! I'm already seeing the difference between my boys and little J! That picture of P is SO Cute--are you sure she is capable of the story you just told us :)! We missed you at playgroup today, but it sounds like you had your hands full.
I love that pic of 'P' she is such a cute girl. I especially loved that story. Good times - It makes me happy to know you went along with it as well and just asked her questions about her trip to Orem. I hope I will do that instead of just getting angry - I think me and 'P' are similar in that sense ;) ANd what a patient and helpful little boy. I guess one has to balance the other out, right?! Hopefully all my kids don't get Anna's attitude or we will be stopping at 2!
This cracks me up!
Oh my goodness--it's like taking a trip to the future. Luckily, my oldest girl can't think up stuff like that yet--but I know it's brewing. And she's very dramatic. I think I was only mildly dramatic...just kidding, because then I think back to all those stupid fights in junior high I put you through. Sorry about all the drama :)
:D!!! That totally made my day. Oh - be grateful for a boy in between. I sure am. hahahahaha.
That is too funny. That sounds like a similar fight I have with my Alex. If I get mad at him he always says that I hate him. Drive me crazy!
Thanks for your post on my blog...that was hilarious. Funny thing, I could hear your voice being the broadcaster. You are so freakin awesome!!!
Your daughter is so funny. It is so interesting to see what your kids are REALLY thinking.
I seriously LOVE your sons hat!! SO ADORABLE!!
P.S I really like your blog background. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home