Grandpa's Visit-Day One!
'M' in the sailor hat Grandpa bought him
My dad flew into town Saturday, he was due for a visit! The kids were so excited, its been nine months since they've seen him. We have a fun week planned, Niagara Falls, Palmyra and Cooperstown (of course we can't forget that little place called The Baseball Hall of Fame!)
My cute brother (Jordie)flies in tonight! He is also due for a visit since everyone BUT he and my dad have been out..they've been patiently waiting for their turn. He is coming out for his Senior trip (yeah he just graduated last Friday!) He wanted to come see the Church sites before his mission.
These pictures are from yesterday..we went to the Naval Park in Buffalo and then to the Eternal Flame Waterfall in Orchard Park.
Inside the crews quarters of the USS The Sullivans..pretty tight huh? How'd you like to bunk three high?
Grandpa trying his hand at manning the machine gun
The Eternal Flame Waterfall..its caused by a fissure of natural gas..its pretty cool to see.
Daddy..the engineer that he is, trying to make sense of the flame..we decided our FHE lesson was on Being strong in Opposition..the flame and waterfall are perfect examples.
Daddy and 'H' at the end of the day..what a beautiful evening for a picnic
Check out that view..The Buffalo skyline
Pretty flat huh?


7 Comments:
Wow. That eternal flame waterfall is amazing!!
how COOL! you guys live in the coolest place. i never knew new york was so flat!
That picture just accentuates the flatness! I knew it was flat, but sheesh it really does look flat as a pancake!
Fun! I love it when family comes to visit. That is a cool waterfall--are there as many trees everywhere in New York as there are in Pennsylvania? I never could tell it was so flat because you were always enclosed in buildings and trees!
I decided I want to move to NY..there are so many things to do! I loved the 'engineer' comment...Ross is always doing weird things like that and when I ask him what he is doing he replies, "I am an engineer." And that is that! Glad you are getting some much needed family time.
'Annabelle' preorded me a copy of 'Breaking Dawn' from amazon for Mother's Day...thoughtful huh? And the movie is being released on December 12, 2008...too far away! You can watch a trailor for the movie at the bottom of my blog or on You Tube. It gave me chills...I am such a dork, I know...it's cuase I married an engineer ;)
Wow I can't believe Jordan graduated he is still a little boy to me. Tell him congrats. Looks like you guys had a fun time. Sounds like you have had a steady stream of visitors, fun times maybe sometime it will be me and the kids visiting. it would be fun.
OMG your brother looks a lot like you! I LOVE all of the fun pictures. I also think it was cute that your kids saved up the money to get rocking chairs. SO CUTE!! Looks like you all had a great time with your family.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home