Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bison's and Amish Country


Today we went to Buffalo to watch the AAA Buffalo Bisons play the Rochester Red Wings..too bad Buffalo lost! But it was a beautiful day for a ball game..except for the humidity! Jordie bought the kids a special souvenir..'P' got a pink foam finger and 'M' got a green batting helmet with the Bison's logo on it.





After the game we decided since we were so close we might as well drive to Amish Country..so we made the usual rounds...Malinda's Candy shop (Jordie and grandpa love the goats milk fudge and we all love the cashew crunch!) then of course to Rabers Toy Shop..where we have become quite famous because of Mike and Ryan's determination to solve their wooden puzzles. They even remember 'H's' birthday!
We also made a special trip to pick up the kids rocking chairs..they finally saved enough money to get them! They were so excited to pick them out with grandpa and Jordie and they couldn't wait to 'rock out' in them when we got home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Seriously! So much fun stuff you guys do. So did 'H' not get a present for going to the game? :) I can't believe how big 'P' looks in the pic with her grandpa at the game - it's nutso.

P.S. Ross used to make the 'rocking' jokes when we got the rocker and glider for Anna's room. You make me laugh.

June 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Looks like a blast! Being with family is THE best!

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

I love the chairs and it looked like a fun game- yes the humidity is not fun though. I said, "Ahh" when I saw we only have 6 days to the race! I hope the humidity goes away soon.

June 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Those chairs are awesome! We need to check this place out!

June 9, 2008 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Okay so have I ever told you how obsessed I am with all things Amish? Not obsessed, but really, really interested. :) ONE day I will make it out there to tour some Amish country, so I will have to ask you where to go. I love that they remember you guys...of course who can forget such a cute family?!?

June 10, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home