A Book of Mormon for Show and Tell?
First of all, I want it on the record that I didn't poke, prod or put the idea into her head..this was entirely her idea. Now..that said

Today was show and tell at school. All week they've been learning about the letter 'u' so they were told to bring something in for show and tell that started with the letter 'u.' If you couldn't find anything that started with the letter of the week then you could bring in whatever else you want.
So I searched and searched for a unicorn (you'd think we'd have a unicorn..but no) or an umbrella (she had a very nice umbrella G &G Davies gaver her for her 3rd birthday but we couldn't find it) or something that started with the letter 'u.'
Nada
So, I asked her what else she would like to bring for show and tell...and this is what she wanted to bring. Her Book of Mormon and the picture of Christ she got for Easter and the bag the Senior Sister Missionary at the Peter Whitmer Farm made and gave her. (Peter Whitmer Farm is in Fayette New York, its where the Church was founded)
I'll admit, I was hesitant..I mean is that appropriate? But she kept insisting so I said..ok (reluctantly).
So when I picked her up from school I asked her how her show and tell went..to which she replied, 'really good!'
Then she related what was said..as follows...
'P' I told them about my Book of Mormon and how I got it for Easter and my picture.
Me: what did they say
'P' they said they liked it. Then I told them how I believe in Jesus
Me: you did? what did they say?
'P' they liked it. Then they said they wanted to go to church with me.
Sooo, I don't know really how it was recieved..and I highly doubt the kids were all wanting to come to church with her..but she was sur excited about taking it for show and tell.
Today was show and tell at school. All week they've been learning about the letter 'u' so they were told to bring something in for show and tell that started with the letter 'u.' If you couldn't find anything that started with the letter of the week then you could bring in whatever else you want.
So I searched and searched for a unicorn (you'd think we'd have a unicorn..but no) or an umbrella (she had a very nice umbrella G &G Davies gaver her for her 3rd birthday but we couldn't find it) or something that started with the letter 'u.'
Nada
So, I asked her what else she would like to bring for show and tell...and this is what she wanted to bring. Her Book of Mormon and the picture of Christ she got for Easter and the bag the Senior Sister Missionary at the Peter Whitmer Farm made and gave her. (Peter Whitmer Farm is in Fayette New York, its where the Church was founded)
I'll admit, I was hesitant..I mean is that appropriate? But she kept insisting so I said..ok (reluctantly).
So when I picked her up from school I asked her how her show and tell went..to which she replied, 'really good!'
Then she related what was said..as follows...
'P' I told them about my Book of Mormon and how I got it for Easter and my picture.
Me: what did they say
'P' they said they liked it. Then I told them how I believe in Jesus
Me: you did? what did they say?
'P' they liked it. Then they said they wanted to go to church with me.
Sooo, I don't know really how it was recieved..and I highly doubt the kids were all wanting to come to church with her..but she was sur excited about taking it for show and tell.


11 Comments:
wish I was that brave!
that's awesome, what a good example. especially after elder bednar's talk in conference--she's a real member missionary!
wow! that is a story that will be fun to tell her when she's older. y'all must be doing something right... ;)
What a sweet little missionary and she doesn't even know she's doing it. She must be in tune with the spirit and know how important it is. What a cutie!
That is so sweet! Who knows we may have some extra kids in Primary on Sunday!
That has got to be the cutest and most precious story I have EVER heard!!! We talk so much about being a good example to be a good missionary to our kids ... sheesh - we need to take lessons from Parker. What an amazing girl with an amazing spirit.
I can't wait to see you guys this Summer! Do you think you COULD have time for a get together over at my place? That would be WAY awesome.
OOH Parker- She is so sweet. It shows that you guys are just into the church as she is. That is great! And Yes we should all get together at Michelle's place for games and food. Like old times.
Now we all know we are told to 'become like a child.' P is adorable in every way possible. What good parents you are!
That's so great. I stuggle with that now and look how young she's starting! What a wonderful example.
We decided to lock our blog because of some concerns we've had lately but we still would love to have you participate in our blog. Therefore we wanted to extend an invite to you but we need an email address which we don't have. Ours is bradandbecca@gmail.com so if you'd zip us an email we'll send you an invite.
So cool! I love that your girl was so brave and think that children know what it is all about- why are the rest of us so inhibited to share what we know? I'll take a lesson from her.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home