Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can you believe this list???

Just wanted to share with you the supply list we recieved today that EACH kindergartener is required to have on the first day of school. I typed this word for word from the list..

1 pair of scissors (Fiskars work well)
1 bottle tacky glue
1 box of crayons (no flourescent) 24 count
10 #2 sharpened pencils (regular size)
10 sticks of glue
1 set of washable markers
1 large box of tissues
1 pocket folder to go back and forth to school each day
Smock or old shirt with child's name on it
sneakers are needed on PE days with child's name
1 BOX of ziploc bags -boys=gallon size, girls=quart
1 pump anitbacterial soap
1 pair of headphones in sealed baggie with child's name on the bag
1 large backpack that child can open/close..large enough to hold a lunch, library books and folder
Kindergarten summer journal
Key to your kid form

not to mention...
Art Class
2 pencils
1 pair scissors
1 box crayola crayons 16-24 count
1 box crayola markers (classic colors)
6 glue sticks
smock
1 box tissues

oh and I guess there is an activity fee required EACH semester (October and February) to cover the costs of field trips

haha what ever happened to free education? WOW!! its a darn good thing all the stores have big back to school sales..and its no wonder when I went to buy her preschool supplies last year everything was gone!!

7 Comments:

Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Wasn't this crazy!! I remember getting the supplies last August. I couldn't believe it!! The schools here are amazing and you will be so impressed with all they do!

April 3, 2008 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

Wow save your pennies. Just wait till we send them all to college. I don't know about Ryan's tuition, but Jakes keeps going up each year! What a bummer.

April 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Oh my! What does she need 10 glue sticks for?!

April 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is ridiculous! Seriously, 10 glue sticks! I can't believe they still use #2 pencils! I was sure everyone used mechanical pencils nowadays!

April 5, 2008 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That's insane!! I don't think I had a list with that many things that I needed for college!!!

April 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Is that pretty standard ... or is it a new teacher? Wow.

Utah pretty much provides everything ... the teachers send home a "wish list" every other month or so ... pretty much all those things are on it. :)

PS - I am STILL laughing about Mason's wonderful coloring job. What a funny post. Cutie.

April 7, 2008 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger chicagosapps said...

That is pretty standard at least here in Chicago metro. Wait till 1st and 2nd grade and the list doubles! We spent several hundred dollars on school supplies for our two kids in school! It is all very crazy! The amount of taxes we pay are 2 or 3 times what it is in UT and we have to pay even more for supplies, where is the logic? At least in NY and IL the teachers get paid a decent salary unlike the pennies they pay the teachers in UT.

April 7, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home