Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Name and a Blessing



A really bad snow storm rolled into town Thursday morning and stayed until Sunday morning, it was quite the pounding! As a precaution the Stake President decided to cancel church. We found out Saturday evening..just in time to make some other arrangements for the baby blessing! Our Bishop gave permission to do the blessing at home so we went to work calling everyone about the switch. It was quite the production..over 25 people showed up! I didn't think we could fit that many people into our livingroom, but we made it work. We had invited quite a few of our non-member friends, so we asked the missionaries to talk briefly about blessings why we do it in our Church. We sang 'I am a child of God' and then Ry and his dad and a few friends and the missionaries did the blessing. It was a beautiful blessing! The baby was crying at first,then suddenly stopped and was calm throughout. Afterward, we ate! And boy did we feast! We have such wonderful friends who brought lots and lots of yummy food! When it was all said and done, it turned out the way it was supposed to be. Everyone enjoyed themselves and our house survived the masses.

My friend Lucia

The West's and Rachel Richards

My friend Donna and her daughter Jenna, son Jack and friend Gianni

14 Comments:

Blogger The Favorite said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 12, 2008 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

Sorry, I used her name,
Snuggle Bug looked so beautiful. I'm glad that all went so well and sorry we missed it. Blessings are so wonderful and even better when family come in town. Great job!

March 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sounds like it was a great missionary opportunity! Your family is so dang cute!

March 12, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

congratulations, it looks like even with cancelled church it was a success. fun!

March 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I bet it was even more special that you got to have just your close friends and family there in your own home. What a fun day and such a beautiful baby. I don't even know if I ever told you congrats - so congrats!

March 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for inviting us, we had a wonderful time! The blessing was wonderful as well as the salsa! Yummy!!

March 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger DeGooyer Family said...

What a special experience!!

March 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Beck Family said...

Love the pictures! Did you plan the green thing? love it! I can't wait for Hudsyn and McKay to meet. We love you and miss you!

March 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a neat day. Sure miss you guys!

March 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger Johnson said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day. I am proud of you for inviting nonmember friends and even greater that they came!! Keep up the good work!!!

March 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Very cool. Congratulations.

March 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

What a neat day! She looks beautiful! So glad you could have some grandparents there! You look great!

March 17, 2008 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

oh wow! that is so awesome that you were able to do it at your house...what a cool story for her to hear one day. as always, everyone looks great!

March 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lex,
How amazing that you have 3 kiddo's. Your little family is just darling. You seem so happy, and I miss you guys. I wish we could hook up some time and catch up in person. For now, this is great, and it is so good to see all you're up to. Tell your cute hubby hi.
Tammy

March 17, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home