Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Morning


What a beautiful time of year! Easter is definitly my favorite holiday, you get to see life returning and new life being born. I loved that my son's birthday was so close to Easter this year.
We had a wonderful Sunday. It started off early..of course..the kids came in early excited to see what the bunny brought them. Luckily the bunny laid off the candy this year, well more than usual. They only got a few candies and then each got a picture of Jesus. We gave them a church activity book and our daughter got a Book of Mormon (one of the missionary ones)she's been asking for her own scriptures for so long. Our son got a Book of Mormon numbers book and our baby just got some board books. Then of course everyone got a new outfit for spring! Our daughter was so excited to see her new dress that she told my husband, 'daddy I don't even want to play in the bath, just give me a shower instead.' Our son was even excited about his new clothes..he's a funny kid, very particular about what he looks like..but he was very happy with his clothes.
Our Easter program at church was so powerful! My friend gave a talk and invited such a peaceful, beautiful spirit. She shared a very personal moment in her life that strengthened her testimony of the Resurection and the Atonement. After her talk we were blessed to hear many musical numbers, we are fortunate to live in a ward where musical talents abound!

Her dress almost looks like the same material of our couch..but its not, I promise

We had a small egg hunt in our living room for the kids after church then went to our friends house for diner. We got a little homesick and wished we could be with our family during this holiday..but we decided its just a short time until we see our family again and being together as 'our' family was the perfect way to spend Easter!

9 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I agree that Easter is a fave holiday of mine - maybe its the mini Cadbury eggs...I don't know. Smart idea to give them books instead of candy- I think I might be doing the same with our fam as well. But one of my fave parts about Easter is seeing all the kiddos in their new clothes. Your kids are no exception, they look adorable, even though I had to do a double take to make sure Parker was not part of the couch ;)

March 24, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Such beautiful children!

March 24, 2008 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

i cannot wait to have a girl so i can buy her an easter dress. and if it doesn't happen (a girl, i mean) i'm buying my friends girls easter dresses. your girls are sooo pretty. love their dresses and let's not forget the handsome boy, either!

March 24, 2008 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey thanks for the comment. I hadn't saved your blog so I couldn't find it. Now I have it on my favorites so I will try and make more comments. It's fun to keep up with each other even if it is through a blog. Your kids are adorable. They all have such amazing smiles. They get those from their beautiful mother. Hope you are doing well. Three kids that must be CRAZY!

March 24, 2008 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

your family is too cute and i love the gifts they got in their easter baskets. very good ideas. i'll have to remember them for next year.

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Your kids look adorable like always! I enjoyed your lesson in Relief Society yesterday! Today I tried to choose the best which meant making volcanoes and playdough instead of scrubbing bathrooms. I guess tomorrow I will have to just choose the good and let Lillian watch Dora while I clean some bathrooms that I didn't get done today. I need to find balance!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day. Your kids look beautiful too. New York has got to be the greatest place to live. How fun for you guys.

March 24, 2008 at 11:56 PM  
Blogger Strupp Family said...

CUTE! I love their dresses. What a good idea with scriptures and pictures of Jesus! I'm going to have to copy you on that one. You have ADORABLE kids!

March 26, 2008 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

Lex- It's been awhile since I blogged on anyones- but I love Hudsyn's bow in her hair! It's so cute! I love Easter also, your kids got some really neat stuff. They looks so cute in thier outfits. That is so fun. Congrat's on the blessing, I bet it was beautiful! I can't wait to see you when you come out.

March 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home