Ice Rain, Freezing Rain..but whatever you call it, its just a whole lotta ice!!!
So we woke up this morning with 3/8 inch thick ice on our cars!! We had one of those 'ice storms' last night or as some call it freezing rain. It literally comes down as ice, you can hear it hitting the windows. If you walk outside..you better be wearing ice skates too! So we didn't go anywhere last night and sat around waiting for the dreaded power outages that so often come with the ice storms. Luckily, we didn't loose power..instead we got lots of ice all over our cars that takes FOREVER to scrape off. As of now, 7:51 in the morning..my car has been 'warming up' for a half an hour. I looked out the window and saw that at least the windshield is starting to melt.
So here are the pictures I took just after I got the car warming up. Hopefully you can tell what they are..I'll try to explain as well.
Widshield, inside and out


Trying to make some headway..which I'm sad to say there has been many a lost 'scraper'..moment of silence for the sacrifice please.

This is on the passenger side sliding door, this kind of shows you the thickness

Look its working..

And finally, after 45 minutes...viola, she is clean!

See the ice on the side there...once it starts to melt it come off in sheets like that.
So here are the pictures I took just after I got the car warming up. Hopefully you can tell what they are..I'll try to explain as well.
Widshield, inside and out
Trying to make some headway..which I'm sad to say there has been many a lost 'scraper'..moment of silence for the sacrifice please.
This is on the passenger side sliding door, this kind of shows you the thickness
Look its working..
And finally, after 45 minutes...viola, she is clean!
See the ice on the side there...once it starts to melt it come off in sheets like that.


12 Comments:
Hey Alexis! I found you! Its Katrina (Millet) by the way. Your family is so cute!
oh MAN, that's awful! how do you even get your doors open?!
I hate the freezing rain. You guys must have been hit by the same storm as us. This stuff is crazy and you hear it on the windows so loud. The other thing I hate is schools are closed. I want the break of sending the kids but you can not really drive on ice I guess. Hope you got to where you were going safely.
Man! I think it is cold on Utah. I think I would rather just have to scrape off snow with a thin layer of ice, than to wake up 45 minutes earlier to scrape off the ice that is that thick. Here is to hoping this winter is almost over. I am SOOOO ready for spring!
This comment has been removed by the author.
We get ice storms here too. It sucks, but we have a garage :) It's really kind of cool to see the trees all covered in ice though, isn't it? I like it for that reason. Although it really does suck to drive on, I used to scoff at the bad drivers in the snow, but the ice storms are totally different and scary.
Wow! Crazy!! Glad we don't have to deal with freezing rain here in Utah. Let's hope we don't have to experience that stuff when we come out in May. :)
UGH! That's horrible! Hopefully it will start warming up there (and here) soon. I'm so sick of the cold weather.
That. Is. CRAZY! I certainly wouldn't want to go out in that. Sheesh. Scary!
Holy Cow! That looks cold. I just had to go put on a sweater to read your post. Hope it warms up there really quick!!
Holy Cow! That looks cold. I just had to go put on a sweater to read your post. Hope it warms up there really quick!!
WOW! That weather stinks. I hope you guys are having fun with the davies! I can't believe Hudsyn is 2 1/2 months old. Time goes by so fast!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home