Monday, March 3, 2008

Haley and Her 'Fancy'


Haley and Andrew came to visit on Wednesday. The kids were so excited to see Haley and to meet their future uncle..they called him her 'fancy' since fiancee was harder to say. Andrew got a kick out of that!

We took them to the frozen Niagara Falls on Friday..and what you see to the right and behind us is ice..yes the river in the Niagara Gorge is frozen over and the ice is very deep..you'd have to have seen it in the summer to appreciate how thick that ice is now.

Haley and Andrew and the kids at Terrapin Point on Goat Island next to the Horseshoe Falls.

No, we aren't kissing, we are breathing on each other to keep warm. wink, wink

We all braved the cold for as long as we could and then we headed back home to get warm..the next day however we did it again and journeyed to Palmyra

Haley and Andrew in front of the Smith Cabin

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Holy cold!! That looks freezing!! We have been wearing shorts this last week in Phoenix! I even wanted to go to the lake on Saturday it was so nice outside.

P.S. I love that everytime I look at your blog the background is different! keeps me on my toes!

March 3, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

oh my GOSH, i've been there, and just thinking about that being frozen makes me shiver. HOLY COW. looks like fun! i love palmyra too, i wanna come visit!

March 3, 2008 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awwww ... what a cute couple. When's the big day?

FREEZINGness flowing over. I'm so glad Spring is almost here!

March 3, 2008 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Cute Pics!!!

March 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Breanne said...

Alexis!!!!! I can't believe I found you! It has been years! Your kids are so cute, and congrats on #3! I have been thinking about you lately, remembering our Jr. High English class! How is NY! We need to catch up!

www.breanne-tolmanfamily.blogspot.com

March 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I love that you kids called him "fancy" it is so much better than the actual word. I think I might use it from now on. Just looking at those pictures made me cold, although it looks like you still had fun. On a side not, Annabelle Parker has the same coat as Parker, must be a name thing :)

March 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Strupp Family said...

Wow, I've been there (Pamlyra and Niagara Falls) at the end of March and it was freezing then. I can only imagine what it was like now! Brrrr. Oh yeah, but isn't it great to go to Palmyra in the offseason? You get all this one on one attention with the couple missionaries and they tell you extra stories you don't usually get in the busy summertime. Tell Haley Congrats! That's so great!

March 4, 2008 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey, Alexis. This is Ryan Whitaker. I saw your comment on Jordan's blog and thought I'd drop in to say hello. Your little family looks great.

March 4, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

That's great Haley came out to visit. They look like a great couple! I am really happy for them. P.S. That looks so cold!!

March 7, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home