Monday, February 25, 2008

Warning...A Dangerous Creature Lurks in Western New York

This is a true story..from a first hand account..Mine!
There is an urban legend out here about a creature so strong and fierce, you would be lucky to walk away from an encounter with it in one piece. Its rumored to live among the trees, its very tall and its usually white with brown spots..but some have said they've seen brown and green ones. I always laughed it off and refused to believe it..that is until I ran into it.
Last week I was visiting a friend of mine who happens to live not far from us. Well as I was pulling into her driveway..I saw it! But I cautiously pulled in anyway..still not believing my eyes. It just sat there, staring at me, waiting and planning its attack. I hurried inside and by the time I left I had forgotten about the evil creature lurking in the driveway. As I was leaving a saw a flash of white behind my car and felt my car come to an abrupt stop as I encountered the creature. At first I couldn't believe I was being attacked! But as my mind quickly changed from stunned to taking action..I knew what I had to do. I threw the car into drive and slowly pulled forward..it was difficult because the creature didn't want to let me go, but I was able to get away. But before I fled the scene..I snapped a picture of it. Warning!! This is not for the faint of heart and if you have children in the room, tell them to close their eyes..Its really a fierce looking thing. Anyway..here it is.

No..your eyes aren't playing tricks on you..it is a very tall tree you are seeing in the picture..we are still waiting on damage estimates

8 Comments:

Blogger Strupp Family said...

Oh good times. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Good luck with all that and let me know how it turns out!

February 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

oh BUMMER. sorry dude! my sister did that in their brand new denali, but not only did she rear-end it, she also ran into it HEAD-ON. (she had leaned over to do something and hit the tree in the front, then as she was trying to turn around and back up she hit it on the back end too. MAJOR bummer).

February 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yeah for blogging! I miss you guys - Ross doesn't have friends at work so I am forced to try and make friends through the ward and hard as it may seem to imagine - I don't talk at church! Anywho, I also can't believe your new little one is here. It seems like we just left Logan a couple of months ago when you just found out you were prego. She is adorable, as is Parker - as usual, but I was most surprised by Mason! He has gotten so much bigger - it's crazy (he is handsome as well). Okay, enough rambling - let's keep in touch. Ross really wants to make a trip out to see you guys sometime too!

February 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Johnson said...

That is way too funny. Sorry about that. I was actually starting to freak out a little bit. You know I am paranoid!! Glad it was just a tree and not a real monster.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Harry!!! Gotta love it. We call my sister Dina....and her name is Deanne!!

February 26, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Dang it! I am sorry you were attacked. Those flippin trees!!

February 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

very creative story!! but sorry about the car...that stinks.

February 26, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Horrible! Hope everything turns out ok.

February 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

hope it was not to much damage. Sorry that really stinks!

February 27, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home