28 years and she can't believe it!
Happy Birthday Alexis,
This post is dedicated to my beautiful, wonderful amazing wife. Those of you familiar with our blog, know that this is a rare occurrence for me to write anything here. So rare that this very well may be the first time. I don't believe there could be a better day for me to give it a go. Unfortunately for you, I can be a bit long winded and hard to stop once I start writing. So to make sure you don't leave this page before I finish my dedication, I will include intermittent photos taken of Alexis with our family and at various locations. Alexis is "my heart" without her I would never have made it to where I am today. Today she is having a hard time believing that she is 28. She said this morning that she never thought about being this age and said that, "the next thing she knows she will be 30, and then what's after that, death." I can tell her differently after once believing the same thing, although now I find myself doing the math and determining what percentage of my life I have lived if I were to die at different ages.
As for the pictures I will include these two first ones as you all will recognize them from a recent post.

This post made me laugh because of the way Alexis can make even difficult things for her, funny. She mentioned that her hair looked like dog ears, she kept talking about it so I started calling her fluffy. She definitely did not like that name, but I must say she quickly stopped using that comparison.
One of the things I really appreciate and love about Alexis is her adventurousness (word?) she is always up for traveling and going on some sort of family outing. One thing is for sure, she is not afraid of new things. Here are some pictures of her on some of our family outings since she usually doesn't include them in her posts,
Niagara Falls with sister Hillary.
Baseball Hall of Fame.
Getting ready for the maid of the mist.
Posing by Niagara Falls in February.
How we really felt.
We have felt so fortunate to live here in Western New York with so many places to go and see at the drop of a hat. My only hope is that I can find more time to take Alexis to some of the places she has really wanted to go see since we got here, such as Gettysburg, Punksatony to see the groundhog, New York City together, Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc.
In Kirtland at the Newel K. Whitney store after deciding at 7 or 8 in the morning to go, hardly talking about it at all and totally unplanned, we were on the road by 10:30.
Sitting on the beach at the very south end of Lake Seneca on the fourth of July weekend.

This last picture is of the "Super Wagon" after hitting a dear on our way back from the Baseball Hall of Fame. This was a humbling experience for us as we learned how close we are at any moment of losing the other. The one funny thing that came from this that was never shared, at my request, is the (scream, as Alexis would say or as I say, yell) I let out right as I saw this huge furball coming at me out of the darkness. Just so it is never mis-stated it was a yell!
As most of you are well aware and these next few pictures demonstrate is where you will most often find Alexis in pictures. Actually one of the places I can always count on catching one of her smiles that mean so much to me.
Behind her children, always willing to take a backseat and put their want's and need's first and foremost.
I just mentioned a little bit about her smile, well there is one other thing that her lips can do that I hold dear and try to get from her every chance I can. So Alexis here is a dedication to our kiss, with pictures of just a few of the many thousands, hundreds of thousands, nay millions of memorable kisses we have shared. For those of you with children in the room, best have them leave if you are going to continue to scroll down.




What I see when kissing her.

What she see's yet still does it!
And lastly,

Alexis I love you and wish you a Happy Birthday.
This post is dedicated to my beautiful, wonderful amazing wife. Those of you familiar with our blog, know that this is a rare occurrence for me to write anything here. So rare that this very well may be the first time. I don't believe there could be a better day for me to give it a go. Unfortunately for you, I can be a bit long winded and hard to stop once I start writing. So to make sure you don't leave this page before I finish my dedication, I will include intermittent photos taken of Alexis with our family and at various locations. Alexis is "my heart" without her I would never have made it to where I am today. Today she is having a hard time believing that she is 28. She said this morning that she never thought about being this age and said that, "the next thing she knows she will be 30, and then what's after that, death." I can tell her differently after once believing the same thing, although now I find myself doing the math and determining what percentage of my life I have lived if I were to die at different ages.
As for the pictures I will include these two first ones as you all will recognize them from a recent post.
This post made me laugh because of the way Alexis can make even difficult things for her, funny. She mentioned that her hair looked like dog ears, she kept talking about it so I started calling her fluffy. She definitely did not like that name, but I must say she quickly stopped using that comparison.
One of the things I really appreciate and love about Alexis is her adventurousness (word?) she is always up for traveling and going on some sort of family outing. One thing is for sure, she is not afraid of new things. Here are some pictures of her on some of our family outings since she usually doesn't include them in her posts,
We have felt so fortunate to live here in Western New York with so many places to go and see at the drop of a hat. My only hope is that I can find more time to take Alexis to some of the places she has really wanted to go see since we got here, such as Gettysburg, Punksatony to see the groundhog, New York City together, Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc.
This last picture is of the "Super Wagon" after hitting a dear on our way back from the Baseball Hall of Fame. This was a humbling experience for us as we learned how close we are at any moment of losing the other. The one funny thing that came from this that was never shared, at my request, is the (scream, as Alexis would say or as I say, yell) I let out right as I saw this huge furball coming at me out of the darkness. Just so it is never mis-stated it was a yell!
As most of you are well aware and these next few pictures demonstrate is where you will most often find Alexis in pictures. Actually one of the places I can always count on catching one of her smiles that mean so much to me.
Behind her children, always willing to take a backseat and put their want's and need's first and foremost.
I just mentioned a little bit about her smile, well there is one other thing that her lips can do that I hold dear and try to get from her every chance I can. So Alexis here is a dedication to our kiss, with pictures of just a few of the many thousands, hundreds of thousands, nay millions of memorable kisses we have shared. For those of you with children in the room, best have them leave if you are going to continue to scroll down.


What I see when kissing her.
What she see's yet still does it!
And lastly,

Alexis I love you and wish you a Happy Birthday.
p.s. For those of you reading and made it here, thanks for spending the time reading about my wonderful wife.
p.s.s. As it is December 10th, I must also send a birthday wish to my sister Shanna, here is a picture of her on her trip out with her family last spring.

p.s.s. I told you I am long winded, this will make you like me grateful for one more thing that Alexis does, and that is keeping this blog up to date
p.s.s. As it is December 10th, I must also send a birthday wish to my sister Shanna, here is a picture of her on her trip out with her family last spring.
p.s.s. I told you I am long winded, this will make you like me grateful for one more thing that Alexis does, and that is keeping this blog up to date



24 Comments:
aw! so sweet.
happy 28th birthday! I hope it's such a GREAT day for you!!!
...and I hope death isn't the next thing after 30 because I've been there almost 6mo... so far so good for me!
Ryan your so sweet, Happy Birthday Lex.
WOW! Beautiful pictures and a very beautiful post!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday Lex!
I thought about you this morning even before I read this post! My friend had a baby last night and I was wondering what day it was. Then I remembered today was the tenth...Alexis' birthday. I know--how weird that I will always remember your birthday :)
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Alexis! You have a very sweet husband!
That is such a sweet post Happy Birthday Alexis! So glad we reconnected through facebook. If you ever make it back to these parts we need to get together!
Lex, you are beautiful! Happy birthday! And I can vouch that 28 isn't so bad. I'm almost (GASP!) 29 and I'm not dead yet.
Aw! That was so sweet. Good post! Happy Birthday Alexis. And I do have to agree with your husband - you have a fantabulous smile!
Happy Birthday! And you're right - after thirty definitely comes death! I have been standing at the door for sometime now. I have managed to stall at the doorstep for about three years so I guess that means there's still some hope!
I hope you have a fabulous birthday though. I wish you were here so we could go to lunch :-(
Happy Birthday from the Daniels!!!!! I hope death doesnt' come at 30 or I am one rotting corpe. Oh wait, that's what I feel like every day when I get up. I guess it does. You look great and deserve a wonderful, marvelous day!
Happy Birthday Alexis! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
You are beautiful...I loved the pictures of you with "H" and the one of Ryan kissing you at the end. Great post Ryan!
Happy Birthday to you Alexis!
You have a very romantic husband......I'll hope to see the day that Deven will post something so sweet. I hope your day was wonderful.
Alexis, Happy Birthday! I thought it was friday after you said something about the breakfast, I was confused! (doesn't take much at this point)
Hope your day was Wonderful!
Okay, that has to be the sweetest post ever! I am so making Jordan read it! Happy happy birthday, my dear friend! I can't wait to see you when you get to Utah - let's do a birthday dinner for the two of us!
Happy Birthday Lex! Wonderful tribute Ry. I almost teared up, its wonderful that you love your wife so much! You two make an amazing couple. I love Lex's smile too. It lights up the room.
Love you both-
Melissa
SUCH a sweet tribute!! I Loved reading it, and based on how I remember Alexis growing up, she's still the genuine, fun, kind and adventurous girl I knew, just now also a fabulous mother and wife :) Thanks for sharing!! :)
LEX-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you got my card! When I read the part about almost being 30...what next death? Will I am still hear and I have not died yet, so I think you are going to be okay!
Anyways, I love you to death and can't wait to see you in person! Love you!
A- you have such a great husband!! What a sweet post!
We definetly need to get together when you are in Utah, I miss hanging out with you.
I hope your day was great :)
I LOVE Alexis too! She is sooo beautiful!
Very wonderful blog Ryan.
Don't worry, 30 isn't that bad, but enjoy being 28!
I loved reading this! I am mad she never showed me those pictures that Carolyn took. Your beautiful!!Happy Birthday, see you tomorrow at breakfast!
What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Alexis! Gorgeous pictures.
Hope you had a great day!
Happy Birthday Alexis - you look fantastic!
Long time girl, but Happy Belated birthday. What a beautiful family you have. And you have always had a gorgeous smile. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home