Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bending


Its amazing to me..still, how we go about our little lives thinking we know everything and make our little plans and have everything all set out in our minds.

Then

it all changes

and it takes faith to know that you are being guided by someone who knows a whole lot more than you do.

We thought we had found a house (townhome) in Maryland. I searched all day, found it and felt good about it.

Made an offer..

came home, prayed with my hubby and felt anxiety and uneasy to say the least, about the place.

Talked to R and called the realtor and pulled the offer.

It was amazing how an immediate sense of peace came over me after we did this.

Since then, we've been scrambling to find a place to live..literally up to the last minute and still no place yet.

So, isn't it interesting how you can feel good and confident about something and then the next day you feel its not right? As I've thought about this to find out why we are going through the hardest time we've ever had to go through..all over where to live (its crazy how one simple choice can impact so many things!) and this is what I've come up with.

Sometimes

the Lord tests us to see if we can do his will. To see if we would be willing to change our course to be lined up with his.

I'm grateful for these little teaching moments..you really stop and realize there is something bigger going on around you..someone else in control, someone who loves you and wants the best for you.

All I know is, we have 10 days left in New York..no place to live and I am completely at peace with it all. It will all work out!


10 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

At least you were able to recognize the spirit. I am sure this most be SO STRESSFUL! I hope you are able to find something and everything works out. Wish I could be of more help. Keep us posted!

June 10, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Everything will work out Lex--good luck! I know it's a pain but it's always possible to rent for a little while until you decide where you want to live for sure. What part of Maryland will you be in? I lived in Gaithersburg and have some contacts there if you needed some advice. Good luck!

June 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Lex - what a FABULOUS post! You are such an incredible example of faith ... thanks for the reminder. The Lord DOES know what he's doing - and can see the big picture. I'm so grateful for feelings of peace.

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Tyler's #1 comment to me is: "We'll land on our feet." I really think that's the way the Lord works. :)

Sure love and miss you guys! Keep us updated!

June 10, 2009 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Beck Family said...

Yep! Heavenly Father definitely has a specific place you're suppose to be. What's so awesome about Heavenly Father too is His is plan is the BEST. So keep the faith just like you are. Happiness and a home are just around the corner. We've been praying for your family too. Love ya lots! and good luck for the weeks ahead.

June 10, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger christina said...

You're such a wonderful example! Just last night I was reading the past conference talks from April, and read Elder Pino's talk about Faith in Adversity, and your post reminded me of it. In it he stated something like, Live the gospel so that you will be prepared to face adversity more confidently. Don't quote me on it, but it was an awesome talk.

Anyways, good luck with everything, I know it will all work out for the best!

June 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I totally know how that is. I have recently done the same thing with a big decision in our life. Good for you guys, I hope it works out for you.

June 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Breanne said...

Thank you for your post! We have been having some 'change of plans' lately too. At times it's hard to take a step back and let the Lord lead. At least you know that he will lead you to where you need to be :)
Good luck and keep us updated!

June 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger M- your favorite said...

I sure do miss you guys! Lex everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I am so GREATFUL for the spirit and the "peaceful" feelings we get. It makes everything worth it. I will be praying for you guys. I know it will work. I miss and love you tons. Everything will work!

June 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

I know what you mean, I love remembering to just have the faith to know that it will be taken care of...The way things work out is amazing... One time we moved all our stuff to a storage unit in Cedar City, we felt really strongly that it was were we needed to be we would stay at A.'s parents till the school year started and then move down...about half way through summer Adam and I both had very strong feelings that it was no longer the right thing to do. So we went and moved all our stuff back! I guess the good thing is that we are listening and He is talking! Hope it all works out for you soon! I totally know how frustrating it is! I will miss you guys! Wish we were there this week to help you out! We will come down and visit though!

June 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Wow. I'm so glad that you listened! You're so good at that! I can't wait to hear about your new place!

June 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home