Friday, February 15, 2008

One Crazy Day!!

So today has been a very busy day..to put it mildly. I have obligations for two callings to fulfill; one for the activities committee (a valentine's game night, tonight!) and the other is for my Stake calling..on the Public Affairs Committee. For that I do a radio show each month about the Church..which I have been busy setting up record times and interviews etc..anyway. So its been a busy morning trying to juggle things as well as some other projects that had deadlines...oh and the three kids! Well needless to say not everything is getting done. But I had to share this funny story.
So as I am adjusting to three kids I am learning the importance of multi-tasking. So I quicky threw lunch together and ran to get in the shower. Apparently as I was running I promised the kids some of their Valentine's candy after lunch. Not kidding, I was in the shower all of five minutes when I hear a loud pounding on the door. Alarmed, I say, 'what's wrong?' I hear my daughter's voice respond, but I couldn't understand so I told her to open the door. Thinking it was some sort of emergency..like my son had fallen off his chair and was bleeding from the head or he was choking..you know the worse case scenario...Oh no! She opens the door and annouces she is done with her lunch and wants her treat, then politely asks me to get it for her.
So as I sit under the running water taking this in..my sarcasm comes out...and I say, 'sweetie, is mommy in the shower?' to that she says 'yes' then I say, 'am I anywhere near your candy?' 'no' 'ok, then you're just going to have to wait.'
So thinking she got distracted and went to play (haha yeah right, not when it involves candy)I continue my shower and get out. When I do, I hear not only her voice by my son's as well. When I asked what they were doing, she said, 'waiting.' "Waiting for what?" I ask. "we are waiting for our treat." And this is how I found them...at the top of the stairs putting a puzzle together..waiting for their treat.
And there was much rejoicing!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

hiLARIOUS. at least they were being good and quiet while waiting. isaac would've stood screaming and pulling the shower curtain out and tantruming until he LOST his treat and got 3 minutes in his room...

February 15, 2008 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

haha. What cute kids. Double haha to emily's comment. Hear Hear!

February 16, 2008 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

that's a great story!! pretty sure my carter would have been throwing a fit while i was in the shower!

February 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awesome! I'm convinced that kids and elephants share several things in common; how noisy they are and they don't forget anything!

February 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home