A broken foot, Cherry Blossom's and a baby blessing
I broke my foot three weeks ago today. It was SO lame!! I was going down the stairs with a few things in my hands and I stepped off the very last stair and BAM..broken foot! I guess I must have rolled it and it just went too far. So I was stuck on my couch for a week, then I started moving around on it the second week with crutches..now, thankfully I am able to walk on it without crutches. But its still lame and I'm still ticked about the whole thing! I mean come on, couldn't I have broken it doing something cool? going for a layup? doing some karate chopping? seriously? I had to break it on the stairs? so ridiculous! But..I guess if I was going to break it, breaking it just before my in-laws came was probably the best time to do it. Thankfully, they came three days later and were so great! While they were here visiting we went to see the Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac. So lovely!!
It was a gorgeous day too!
We also went to Fort McHenry. WOW!! After watching the video depicting the Battle of Baltimore from the war of 1812..All I can say is God truly blessed our great Nation! A thousand soldiers defended that fort against thousands from the British Navy. They were bombarded all day and night and the end result..4 dead and Old Glory waving in the smoke! Very powerful! We also blessed baby C while they were here. That was a great day! She was so calm during the blessing and R did a great job. After church we had a get together at our house. A LOT of people showed up! We felt so much love from all of our dear friends. We had enough delicious food and great company. We are so blessed!
I also got to see my little brother for the first time in over two years!! He returned from a mission for our church back in December, but because I was pregnant and couldn't fly we didn't get to see him until now. The kids were so excited to see their uncle!!
On a side note, earlier in the week R found out he got a new job. It will make for a long commute through the greater Metropolitan area, but eventually..we will probably make the move to the real south..but 'I'll think about that tomorrow.'


8 Comments:
Sorry about your foot! That stinks! The blossoms are beautiful!
Lex you are so beautiful! I wish my skin was as pretty as yours.
So sorry about the foot, I hope it doesn't hurt too bad!
Bless your heart, Lex!! I honestly don't know how you do everything you do - and keep up with it all continually smiling and optimistic. You. Are. Amazing, girl!!
What a beautiful family you have. Miss you guys!
I LOVE the family picture on the blessing day! You all look so wonderful!
so sorry about your foot--but glad you had family there to help. my sister fell down the stairs when she was 7 months prego and broke her ankle--had to have a bunch of pins and screws put in...she says the same thing--wishes it was a cooler story.
WOW! Lex WOW! I am sorry about your foot- that really is not fun! I am so glad J- your brother was able to go out. That is awesome! Sure do miss you like crazy!
That stinks about the leg. How I would have LOVED if you would have broken it karate chopping! lol. YOu crack me up. Congrats to R on the new job. And you look so stinkin good in the family picture from the baby blessing. Go you!
Your family is adorable and I am so sorry about your foot. Especially with having a new baby, that must be terrible. I hope you heal quickly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home